Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

Post by Temi Book »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When I first laid eyes on Of Zots and Xoodles, I was immediately drawn in by the cover and the author's name. The twisted black and white illustrations resembling noodles were intriguing, and the author's name, Zarqnon the Embarrassed, was a unique and unfamiliar one. Frank Louis Allen also illustrated the cover. This novel is a work of fiction that explores the concepts of matter, time, physics, and light.

The novel begins with Theodil performing in the presence of a council of people. Using a dice, Theodil creates a dot named Zots, which he then manipulates to create light and time. He then creates something akin to noodles, which he names Zoodles, and proceeds to give an audience to his creations while also receiving criticism. This is not your typical science fiction book.

What I appreciate about the novel is how the author uses a distinct concept to explain the creation of the universe. The themes that I identified in this book are science, discovery, determination, growth, and courage. The author attempts to explain the concept of physics, but in a way that may be difficult for a layman to understand. However, it is admirable how he thirsts for growth and doesn't give up. Theodil is also a strong character who doesn't let the council's disagreements discourage him.

There were a few things that I didn't particularly like about this novel. Firstly, the text was quite small, making it challenging to read. Additionally, the black and white background of the illustrations made them difficult to comprehend. I wish there had been more color to differentiate the illustrations from the background. Despite these flaws, I still give this novel a rating of 4 out of 5 stars due to its exceptional editing.

This short, thought-provoking novel may be difficult for a layman to understand at times. However, I would recommend it to those who have an interest in the creation of the universe and science enthusiasts alike.

Of Zots and Xoodles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

This is an intriguing book. I’m sure it will appeal to people who love to read sci-fi book. I’ll pass on this. Your review is well written. Well done!
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

Having read multiple reviews and had my own personal encounter with the book, I've observed that our viewpoints align closely. I appreciate your genuine reflections on the book and eagerly anticipate delving into your future perceptive analyses.
Jimmy Cyprian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

An intriguing book about the creation of the universe. I must commend how you pinpointed your likes about the book. Thank you for your review.
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Jane Honda »

This was quite a difficult read for me. But the it bothers on the concept of creation which made it an interesting on. I however recommend this book for people who loves such topics.
Ogidor Chinasa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidor-chinasa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ogidor Chinasa »

Of Zots and Xoodles is a unique and thought-provoking novel that delves into the concepts of matter, time, and physics. I admire the author's unique exploration of matter, time, and physics in a thought-provoking and engaging manner.
Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin
Favorite Book: The Inner CEO
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boluwatife-ade-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin »

I have always heard that books about physics and universe are always broad and tasking to read, this book is not an exception. The author's thirst for growth and knowledge is admirable. This is a great review.
Raphael Raymondd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raphael-raymondd.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Raphael Raymondd »

I appreciated the strong and resilient protagonist who defied the odds and showed immense courage throughout the journey. The character development was exceptional, allowing me to connect with them on a deeper level.
Gillian Walter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewer-mogzi.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Gillian Walter »

'This is not your typical science-fiction book.' This statement sounds like a warning and a promise. What it turns out to be depends on my thoughts after reading the book. However, I find the picture illustration on the title page intriguing. Nice review.
Jesse Shon Voyamba
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesse-shon-voyamba.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Jesse Shon Voyamba »

This is not the type of book that one rushes into reading because not knowing the concepts of time, matter, physics, and light. I enjoyed reading your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”