Review of Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Success Azuka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review of Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures

Post by Success Azuka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Donny and Mary Grace’s California Adventures: A Grandma Gang Mystery is a children’s book focusing on family, adventure, mysteries, and careers. It is about two siblings and a gang who came together to solve a problem.

Mary Grace and Donny live with their parents in Wichita. They enjoy mimicking the penguins with their parents at home. Their parents also enjoy visiting the zoo with their children. The fun stopped on the day Mr. Miller was informed of his missionary journey to Africa. After thinking hard, Mr. and Mrs. Miller sent their children to California to stay with their grandparents. Mary Grace and Donny find it difficult to believe they will be away from their parents for two years. However, after much persuasion, they decided to look at the brighter side of the relocation. Mrs. Miller also mentioned the famous Grandma Gang, which Mary Grace was eager to meet. Read this book to get the full story of Mary Grace and Donny in California.

This book is 196 pages long with a catchy cover page. The author divides the book into 17 chapters, each with a title. The author got the inspiration to write about Donny from her true-life story. It is an intriguing book with adventures to look forward to. Solving crimes with Grandma Gang made the story memorable, as I learned one or two ways to tackle bullying in schools. I had a free reading flow, and I got to read the book at once. The book was exceptionally well-edited, as I found no errors while reading.

There was nothing to dislike about the book. I like how the author carefully writes about Donny and Mary Grace’s adventures with the Grandma Gang, which included her grandmother, Cathy. It was like a family thing. The book also shared the importance of being friendly, caring for everyone around you, and much more. Therefore, I rate this book five out of five stars for the positive reasons mentioned.

I recommend this book to lovers of adventure and children’s books. Grandparents can also read for relaxation purposes. The book is suitable for all ages of readers.

Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

This book is one of my favorites. Loved how adventurous and compelling the book was. The history of the grandma 'gang' mystery was entertaining to read and this book is a must read. Thanks for the detailed review.
Uchechi uk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechi-uk.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Uchechi uk »

It is indeed not going to be easy for the children without their parents. I am also wondering how they are going to cope. I am looking forward to all the adventures from this book.
JuliusOnyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusonyango.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by JuliusOnyango »

Wow, what an exceptional review 👏. You've covered everything in a snap.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”