Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amanda Obiocha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-obiocha.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Amanda Obiocha »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

They say blood is thicker than water, but at the same time, family and friends are who you choose to share your worries with and go through the good, the bad, and the fun parts of life with, and Michelle Cumming did a good job of portraying this. The Reel Sisters is all about friendship and fly fishing, which takes place in the mountains and streams of Colorado.

The story goes beyond the game of fly fishing to show how five people from different social and economic circles and age groups—Rose, Sophie, Veronica, Amanda, and Melody—gathered at Rose's cabin after fly fishing to talk about their problems and other issues. They became good friends and shared their problems amongst themselves. They made sure they enjoyed the game and saw the need to improve themselves while also having fun at the same time and seeing the beauty of life. While fly fishing, they made sure to put their needs above others and learned a great deal about themselves.

I liked how the author didn’t give any character preferential treatment and kept readers on their toes without confusing them in the process. I liked how expressive the characters were, and also the strong bond they shared, and how they included each other in their plans, not minding their age gap or other factors. The writer also painted a clear picture of their activities, ensuring that the reader doesn’t just read but also enjoys every bit of the story.

There is nothing I dislike about the book; I did say I didn’t want the story to end because the writer did a good job relating it to our daily lives, and most readers will see themselves in the mirror of one or two of the characters. The writer also focused on women's empowerment and positive energy. I didn’t encounter any grammatical errors, which indicates that the book was well-edited.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars; it was totally fun to read. I recommend this book to readers looking for motivation to start something new or who feel lonely in their daily activities. A few good friends are always worth your time, and they might become family with time. Also, I recommend it to those who enjoy fly fishing and see the beauty in a good friendship.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Adeleye Seun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeleye-seun.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Adeleye Seun »

The book's natural passages, which transported me to the river and gave me a sense of the breeze, were my favorite portion.
Janet Mandy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-mandy.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Janet Mandy »

The review was beautifully written. The experience I felt while reading was out of this world. I like how this review was written. The negative aspects were properly outlined. Congrats.
Rendell Vosson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rendell-vosson.html
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr

Post by Rendell Vosson »

The review was beautifully written. The experience I felt while reading was out of this world. I like how this review was written. The negative aspects were properly outlined. Congrats. I loved reading about Galen's character. It was interesting.
Rendell Vosson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rendell-vosson.html

Post by Rendell Vosson »

The review was beautifully written. The experience I felt while reading was out of this world. I like how this review was written. The negative aspects were properly outlined. It was well written and made a lot of sense.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”