Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okocha Victor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Okocha Victor »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

R. F. Kristi's cat series features Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula. The cat, Inca's life, and the various characters and occasions connected to it make up the majority of the plot. The book is narrated from the viewpoint of Inca. A team of animals, primarily cats, dogs, and a hamster, unite with animal detective Inca to identify and catch crooks. They were kept as pets by humans, who were also their owners, and they frequently did their best to keep their humans safe from any danger.

Inca is a cat who likes to have fun and solve mysteries. A South Korean food competition has chosen Missy, a chef, to serve as a judge at the event. She chooses to offer the event attendees her brand-new cheese. A competing French chef named Enzo wants to steal Missy's cheese when they first arrive in South Korea. Will Enzo be successful? You may read about how the attempted robbery at the airport turned out in the book. Inca and his companions then assist a friend they made in South Korea. For the sake of saving a cat, they risked their lives and crossed the border between South and North Korea. To learn how their rescue effort turned out, get this book.

Since this is the first book in the Inca Detectives series I've read, I appreciated the family tree's inclusion because it gave me a deeper understanding of the cast. The reader is introduced to Inca and Company, his squad of detectives, who have a long list of other pets. The way the characters were introduced and discussed at the beginning of the book was quite helpful; I could always refer to it if I needed clarification about a particular character.

I give this book a rating of 4 out of 5 stars because I would have appreciated it more if it had included more details on what life would be like in North Korea. Also, Inca seemed insecure when the portrait of the Siberian tiger was appreciated by everyone who looked at it. It may look like healthy self-esteem, but in all truth, it was an insecurity that she wasn't as majestic as her cousin in the Siberian family. Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi was incredibly well edited, as evidenced by the fact that I didn't come across any mistakes while reading it.

This book will appeal to older children who like mysteries. I advise kids seven and older to read this book. If an adult reads and explains this story to children who are younger, they will find it entertaining. Adults who enjoy quick reads and fairytales are free to read it.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

The author's ability to bring the lovable cat characters to life, coupled with an intriguing plot set in an exotic location, makes this book a purr-fect choice for cat lovers and mystery enthusiasts alike. I enjoyed reading this review!
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

The moment you being over hyping your properties, that is a sign of low self esteem. She may have come off as confident but examining closely, it may not be.
Sandra Osita-Orah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-ebere-ent.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Sandra Osita-Orah »

I loved the power of teamwork and collaboration among animals—in this case, cats, dogs, and a hamster—working together to solve mysteries. The author really took his time with this major piece.
Ucposh301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ucposh301.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Ucposh301 »

I felt that the attempted robbery at the airport involving Enzo's desire to steal Missy's cheese was a potential lesson in perseverance and determination.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

I think South Korea was the best place for this story. It helped them as well to explore different cultures and experience the excitement of exploring new places.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

Your review of this story was awesome, especially the power of teamwork and loyalty played by each character, which was a strategic and well thought out storyline.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

The author, R.F. Kristi, of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula demonstrates a creative and engaging storytelling style. The author brought a unique and entertaining perspective to the plot.
Nancy004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: A third is darkness by Murray Bailey

Post by Nancy004 »

The reviewer's description of the cat detective Inca and the engaging plot revolving around solving mysteries and the adventure in South and North Korea intrigues me. Good job on the review!
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow by Brad W. Blue

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

Inca, the clever and curious cat detective, stole my attention in the story. With a nose for mysteries and a playful spirit, Inca led the charge in solving puzzling cases, which kept me entertained.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”