Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tari egai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tari-egai.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Tari egai »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies," by Matthew Tysz, is the first book in the We are Voulhire series, which takes place in a parallel universe where magic and greed hold sway and morality is often ambiguous.

At the beginning of the book, we are introduced to Galen Bray, a resident of the Land of Princes, which is embroiled in a brutal civil war. Galen receives a message from his dying uncle urging him to claim his inheritance, which sets him on a journey to the Land of Voulhire. Upon arriving in Voulhire, Galen discovers a kingdom unlike any other he has seen before, with strange customs and politics. With the guidance of his uncle's executor, Rowan, Galen learns about the kingdom's inner workings and its ongoing struggles. As he becomes more involved in the politics of Voulhire, Galen finds himself fighting for a better future alongside others who share his vision. Meanwhile, Galen is soon faced with difficult decisions as he navigates the challenges of this new world, but will he be able to emerge victorious?

There are several positive aspects of this book that made it enjoyable for me to read. Firstly, I appreciated the inclusion of multiple viewpoints in the story. Secondly, the author's clear and concise writing style made the book easy for me to follow, and the attention to detail was impressive. The characters were well developed, and even the supporting characters played significant roles in the plot. Galen, the protagonist, was a likable character due to his humility and thoughtfulness. Additionally, I found Rowan's character amusing, and Lord Aldus was an excellent example of a good leader.

Despite my positive view, there are aspects of the book that some readers may find off-putting. Tysz's writing style can be difficult to follow at times, and the inclusion of profanity, gore, and heinous crimes may be too much for some readers. However, I found the transition between multiple perspectives to be seamless, and it did not disrupt the book's flow.

I would give "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies," a 5 out of 5 star rating because it was an exhilarating and enjoyable read from start to finish. I did not come across any typographical or grammatical errors, indicating that it was professionally edited.

I would not recommend this book to readers who struggle to keep up with multiple characters and plotlines. However, I highly recommend it to those who appreciate immersive storytelling and vivid imagery. Fans of fantasy and fiction will likely enjoy this book immensely.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I am presently reading this book and I appreciate the writing style of the author. I enjoy the theme and how the places are described. Well-done.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”