Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Goodness Azuka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Patriotism is evident as a newlywed couple suspends their honeymoon to protect the country. The blissful honeymoon turned into a serious crime investigation in this book.

While on a 3-hour tour in Honduras, Kelly discovers a camouflaged computer lab used for a covert mission and operation against America. Kelly and Tom are newlyweds and have gone to an affordable Caribbean island in Honduras for their honeymoon. Upon her discovery, Kelly gets caught but gracefully escapes the hands of those whose territory she has breached. She summons her brother, Senator McBride, and her CCPD cop husband, Sergeant Tom Turbulo. The trio kicks off an investigation. They discover that the Koreans are on the verge of taking down their country, America, with the plan of using nuclear weapons. How will the trio fight back? How will they counter their enemies? Read E M P Honeymoon: Kelly and Tom by Dorothy May Mercer for interesting, informative, and educational discoveries.

E M P Honeymoon: Kelly and Tom is a sixteen-chapter book containing a teaser, prologue, and epilogue. For easy navigation, it also has a table of contents with links. It is a book about crime and adventure. The author used maps with descriptions, which made the book factual. The author also did a good job developing the characters in the book.

The book title and cover were captivating at first. I was curious to know what EMP meant. Steve was an interesting character, as he played the role of a spy to get information from the CIA. I also admired Dr. Peter Kinney’s personality. I enjoyed the interview anchored by Henry Haven-Harbinger about the effect of a lack of electrical power. In the interview, I got to know the meaning of EMP.

There was nothing to dislike about this book. Although I am not a fan of books about crime, I enjoyed reading this one. My favorite part was Dear Leader being optimistic and confident in his plans when they had already been countered and sabotaged. The book was exceptionally well-edited; I found no errors while reading. I, therefore, rate this book five out of five stars.

I recommend this book to lovers of crime, science, and adventure.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Praiyz Pearlumie Olushegun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praiyz-pearlumie-olushegun.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Praiyz Pearlumie Olushegun »

An intriguing book on crimes, science and adventure, I would want to read this book someday.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

I am not usually a crime fan either, but your review was captivating enough to convince me to read the book. The honeymoon turned into a crime investigation impacting the country as we know it. Your review was well-written. Excellent review.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

I appreciate the reviewer's acknowledgment of the book's structure, including the teaser, prologue, and epilogue, as well as the table of contents with links for easy navigation. This attention to detail suggests that the author has crafted a well-organized and reader-friendly book. The reviewer's positive comment about the author's ability to develop the characters adds depth and complexity to the story, making it even more engaging.
Sinachi Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sinachi-azuka.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Sinachi Azuka »

This is funny. I'm thinking of what they would have done assuming they went to a very far location. The two love their jobs no doubt which is rare. I love crime investigation books like this one. Thanks for an awesome review.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Guilty of Stealing His Heart by Nancy Lynn White

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

You can rest ssured thatI'll pick it right away when its a crime related book or movie. You made the book look so insightful with this review, I'll definitely add it to my shelf.
CHUKWUMA AGOHUKOH
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by CHUKWUMA AGOHUKOH »

Well if it's not the Russians planning something against America, it'd be the Koreans. 😹 I think from your review, this book is my kind of book. Thank you for your review.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

Tom and Kelly are determined to stop terrorism or any threat to the United States government as they honeymoon in Honduras.
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Jane Honda »

I didn't flow well with this book though I had some point I liked in the book which was the part of terrorism aside from that nothing about the book interests me.
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

E M P Honeymoon is an interesting book I've read. I admire the couple's patriotism in seeing to it that they solve the problem on ground, not withstanding they're on honeymoon.
Kene Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kene-active.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Kene Active »

Kelly and Tom can be absolutely called a super power couple. How impressive that they left their honeymoon, recruited people and fought their country's enemy. This book is an interesting one.
Uchechi uk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechi-uk.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Uchechi uk »

This is such a huge discovery. I wonder what Kelly and her husband will do with this information. Will they fight back or will they be caught? I am looking forward to reading this book. Amazing review.
Emeka Anderson
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-anderson.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emeka Anderson »

Dorothy May Mercer's Emp Honeymoon allowed us to disconnect from the world and focus on each other.
David Samanthaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-samanthaa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by David Samanthaa »

The suspense in EMP Honeymoon is palpable. The author skillfully builds tension as the characters face one obstacle after another in their quest to survive.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”