Review of Man Mission

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Zillionaire_me
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zillionaire-me.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Review of Man Mission

Post by Zillionaire_me »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I have always had this perception about lawyers being all-serious and devoid of social life until I read the book, MAN MISSION , by Eytan Uliel. The saying that "all work and no play make Jack a dull boy, and all play and no work makes him something worse" was made evident in this book. Man Mission is an educational book that touches on crucial aspects of life and balances family, career, and business with pleasure.

Their adventure started with Sam and the author making a trip to New Zealand. Their first encounter scared them to the marrow, as they thought they were being attacked by a wild animal, only to discover it was cows. On the same trip, they had another encounter with drug dealers, the Kiwi drug lords, who were of great help, much to the dismay of the author. Initially, it was hiking, then biking, and now it's time to go kayaking with Daniel. However, two of these married men had a tough time convincing their wives to approve of their trip. Were they able to convince their wives? What happened to the fourth man on the Man Mission Committee?

This book was quite interesting. There were a few times that I felt like I couldn’t wait to get to the next page. A lot of things caught my attention, starting from the part where these men sought approval from their wives before embarking on any adventure to the way the men carried themselves all through. I enjoyed the idea of the pink bracelet. The kindness of the farmer was unexpected and worthy of emulation. Sectioning the book into parts made more sense. The vital statistics at the end of each adventure served as a reminder and gave a detailed account of the adventure. Reading about his promotion at work is an encouragement to anyone who finds themselves in a position to render services and also a confirmation that hard work pays. The activities these four men engaged in during their annual adventures leave one with multiple choices to pick from after evaluating their pros and cons.

I disliked a few things about this book. I didn't like the way their encounter with the lion during their safari trip came to an abrupt end. I would have loved to know what exactly transpired that led to the disappearance of the animal. The way things turned out between Rachel and her husband did not appeal to me.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I found no errors. It was exceptionally well edited. I gave it a perfect rating because of its important educational content. The few things I disliked did not strip the book of its intentions. This is a book that will appeal to many people. The content was written in clear terms. I recommend this book to men of all ages and lovers of adventures.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

I enjoyed reading this book. I liked the adventures and the life stories in it. I learned a lot from the different people from different cultural backgrounds in the book. Great review.
Blackstenius
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

I am with you on that part about how Eytan's and Rachel's marriage ended; it was so saddening and I really felt pity for the author. The silver lining in that was for any man reading the book and has emotions and issues bottled inside—it's better to speak up with their spouse and solve those deep-seated issues than wait for them to compound and blow up later, resulting in divorce. I also liked that the author made peace with that fact that it was over for the two of them and came out stronger, ready to face anything that life brought his way. About lawyers and "no play", I know some of them to be extreme revelers, especially on the weekends. This review is amazing, thank you for the great work.
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”