Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Essential Gut Health for Women Over 50 by JL Service

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is a fantasy series written by Matthew Tysz. It’s an ongoing series, and this is the first novel of the series. The book reveals several events occurring around the cities of the great kingdom, Voulhire. However, it centered on the aftermath of the removal of Meldorath from Hillport. Meldorath was the lord of Hilport, but King Wilhelm, the king of the entire Voulhire kingdom, soon removed him because they had found him guilty of experimenting with people. The king replaced him with Lord Eldus Alderman, a lawyer from Voulhire. The king appointed him to improve the quality of life for the people of Hillport. Not just that, Wilhelm sent Eldus to eradicate the fear instilled in the people because of their experience with their past rulers. (Orlin and Meldorath). Orlin was the lord before Meldorath, but the king removed him because of his several perversions toward children. Will the king and the new lord succeed? Find out in this novel.

Everything about this book is breathtaking, starting with the characters. The author began the novel with the names and positions of every character used in the book. The role I love the most is that of King Wilhelm. He portrayed a calm, loving, and wise persona. I love the simple English the author used. I love that he added a reference guide. This reference guide will help the reader understand every word of the book.

There’s nothing to dislike about the book. It was well-written and professionally edited. I enjoyed every bit of it. I like that the author separated the happenings of the places under Voulhire with the character involved as the subject of each chapter. It shows that the author organized and arranged the book perfectly. Above all, I didn’t encounter any errors. These are the reasons I’m giving it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommended this book to lovers of novels that entail kingdom stories. I’ll recommend this book to people in similar positions as well. They need to emulate the wisdom King Wilhelm displayed. Also, I’m recommending it to people who love reading novels about magic and powers. They have a lot to learn from this novel.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sinachi Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sinachi-azuka.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Sinachi Azuka »

There are lots of characters in this book. You did well to keep up with their names. What an interesting title also. Thanks for writing this well-detailed review.
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz sounds like a very interesting book to read. I would definitely add this to my to be read list.
Jimmy Cyprian
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

I never got any sufficient closure on what happened to Lord Meldorath. I really enjoyed reading your review by the way. Thank you!
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

Magic and kingdoms I love this mix and from your review it is a well written fiction book so it will be on my list . Your review is refreshing and I enjoyed reading it.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

Being a fan of fantasy and mystery books myself, I can relate to your love for them. Meldorath's tale has piqued my interest as well, and I'm curious to discover how he managed to overthrow Lord Orlin. Furthermore, I'm excited about Galen's journey and eagerly await the adventures that lie ahead for him.
Da_JumogM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-da-jumogm.html
Latest Review: Wired to Become by Dr. Britt Andreatta

Post by Da_JumogM »

Bad leadership can have a very bad effect on people. It especially makes them very paranoid about human nature. Will Eldus succeed to eradicate the scar of Hillport from their last rulers? Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”