Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jane Honda
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Jane Honda »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The world is facing this strong move where they want both men and women to be involved in all workforces. And I have also read books where I saw a glimpse of what the female character would look like when they handled certain positions; it has been quite interesting. The protagonist of this book is a female, and she was virtually in every part of this book, serving it hot with her role. In addition to these, this book has a lot of themes involving romance, technology, cyberwar, etc. This book would awe its readers.

This book has two major themes that both involve Cynthia. In the first theme, Cynthia worked with her brother Glenn, owner of Fairfax Investigation, where they planned to wage a cyberwar against the Middle East and ISIS terrorists. This section also talks about the different positions she held and her team of women, all geared toward this cyberwar project. The second theme basically dwelled on Cynthia's romantic life. Two main contenders were here, namely, Sky Eastman and Dan, who was his long-time relationship partner. In order to read about her successes and weaknesses in both aspects of her life and how she handles her relationship with Sky and Dan, grab a copy.

Cynthia and Dan authored by Dorothy May Mercer, is an interesting fiction and romance book whose most important ingredient and charm is suspense. The storyline was well drafted and plotted. Cynthia was a very vibrant character, and I could imagine what she looked like with the fascinating painting the author gave her. I was able to see a new era of technology while reading this book. I was glad the author is conversant with this new trend. I also loved the passion the characters put into their work, especially those working on the cyberwar project. And finally, I was delighted by the author's choice of words and her writing style; it made this book very simple to read.

Just like I had some positives, I still have a few negatives, which start with the predictable nature of the romance aspect of this book and also the fact that Cynthia was overworked in this book. From the subtitle of this book, I expected Dan to play a major role in the romance, but then it was Sky who made the whole thing look different.

I had a good time reading this book; however, due to the negatives, I will rate it 4 out of 5 stars. Hence, I will recommend this book to lovers of crime thrillers and romance. Also, I won't forget to mention that I did not come across any errors while reading, which shows how thorough the book's editing was.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

"Cynthia and Dan" I don't see the reason for this title when the main characters of this book were Cynthia and Jack. In all, I enjoyed reading the book. Good review.
Nkem Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkem-blessing.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nkem Blessing »

This book is indeed exceptional. Though it's all about fighting a cyber war using a computer and internet website. Cynthia fell in love with Sky Eastman forgetting the lovey memories she shared with Dan. Can one use a computer to fight terrorist? Read on and find out for yourself
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

The reviewer provides an insightful analysis of the book, highlighting the strong female protagonist and the themes of romance, technology, and cyberwar. Their enthusiasm for the portrayal of women in various positions is contagious, making me intrigued to discover how the protagonist, Cynthia, handles her roles and the challenges she faces. This review has definitely sparked my interest in getting the book.
Helen Chizzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-chizzy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Helen Chizzy »

I recently picked up this book for review and I'm glad to hear that Cynthia is quite a hot character. I would love to know how she plans to wage the cyberwar and more about her love life. Beautiful review.
Kene Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kene-active.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Kene Active »

I like the exposure to recent technologies and development of the cyber space. I also wonder what happened between Cynthia and Dan. Nice review
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Sheen Jenny »

Great review. I love how you provided insights on the book. However I still don't understand why the title is Cynthia and Dan.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

Amazing review! Cynthia and Dan is an interesting book but there are a lot of criticisms I had about it than the positive aspects. I hope the author can do better in her next books.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

Cynthia and Dan is an interesting book that promises action and romance. Although, I have a lot of opinions on the name. Thanks for the great review.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: When Your Partner Dies by Millard Hiner

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

Cynthia and Dan weaves a captivating tale, blending romance and cyberwarfare seamlessly. With vibrant characters and a suspenseful plot, Dorothy May Mercer crafts an engaging narrative that keeps readers hooked. The book's exploration of technology's impact and the complexities of love adds layers to the story, making it a worthwhile read.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

I haven't read this book yet but your review tells it all. You've done justice in breaking down the qualities of this book in your review. I'm looking forward to reading it.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

This is one of the best book in my shelf today. Although I will still give it a 4 out of 5 star.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”