Review of Mr. McTavish Goes to the Library

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of Mr. McTavish Goes to the Library

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Mr. McTavish Goes to the Library" by Bon Kay.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

It's commonly believed that dogs make excellent pets for humans due to their friendliness and loyalty. I can just say that the feelings of dogs are unique because they give back exactly what they are given, and in this book, we get to see such a unique relationship between Gma and his pet dog McTavish in this book titled Mr. McTavish Goes to the Library by Bon Kay.

McTavish's adventure starts in this book as Gma tells him one of his favorite words, "ride," and this leaves McTavish curious about where they will be going today. Gma put McTavish's leash on him, and McTavish jumped in the front seat of the car. As usual, he looked out the windows of the car.

McTavish likes the rides because he gets to see people on the sidewalks and at the traffic lights, and he also notices that there are other noisy cars like theirs moving around. They soon arrive at a parking space, and Gma puts a hat on McTavish as they step into the library. Mr. McTavish Goes to the Library by Bon Kay will tell you about their library experiences.

I liked this book for various reasons, starting with the fact that it was brief, and I believe that this is just perfect because it happens to be a children's book. This book will also enlighten children with its mass content of moral lessons, such as how traffic lights work and where to walk on a busy road. It also teaches the importance of a pet and the level of companionship we can get from having pets. This book will also enlighten children about the library and how it would impact them positively.

I had nothing to dislike in this wonderful book, and because of this, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to parents with children from the ages of 5 to 8 and also to people who work in daycares. I didn't encounter any errors while reading this book, which shows that Mr. McTavish Goes to the Library by Bon Kay was exceptionally well edited.

Mr. McTavish Goes to the Library
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

I loved that this book will educate children on the colors of traffic light and what it represents as it important for their safety and well being. I enjoyed reading your review, good job.
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

I agree with you that "Mr. McTavish Goes to the Library" is a perfect choice for young readers and a fantastic way to instill a love of reading from an early age. I
Sandra Osita-Orah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-ebere-ent.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Sandra Osita-Orah »

I really love dogs, the existence of dogs and their friendly nature has helped a lot of people and families as well. Dogs are just the best pet to keep at home without worrying.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”