Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cresswell Henderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cresswell-henderson.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Cresswell Henderson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi is an enjoyable book that follows the adventures of Inca, an intelligent Siberian cat who eavesdrops and hears that her human owner, Missy, will be going to South Korea as a guest judge in a famous competition. However, when they arrive in South Korea, they find out that their tour companion, Mr. Ye-Jun, is depressed because he can't see his sister. Inca merges with a dog, a puppy, a hamster, and a group of feline detectives, who together form a detective company as they must reunite both Mr. Ye-Jun and his sister and also solve the various mysteries with which they're faced.

One of the things that makes this book so charming is the cast of characters. Inca and her team of cats and dogs are all unique and entertaining in their own way, and their interactions with each other are often humorous and endearing. The author did an excellent job of giving each animal its own distinct personality, which makes it easy for readers to become attached to them.

After reading the book, I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed. The writing is engaging, the characters are well-developed, and the plot is both interesting and thought-provoking. The plot of the book is also well-crafted. It keeps the reader guessing until the end. The mystery is intriguing, and the clues are well-placed throughout the story. There are also plenty of action scenes that will keep young readers engaged. Sadly, I found some errors, which broke my heart. Besides that, I couldn't find anything else to dislike about the book.

The setting of the book, South Korea, is also fascinating. The author has clearly done her research and provides many interesting details about the country and its culture. This adds an educational element to the book, which parents and teachers will appreciate. I must commend the editing of the book, as it looks perfect. I would have given it a perfect rating, but for the errors the book contains, I rate it 4 out of 5 stars.

Overall, Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula is a wonderful book that is sure to delight both young and old readers. It is a great choice for anyone who loves cats, mysteries, or adventure stories. Highly recommended!

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jimmy Cyprian
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

It's a sad thing you deducted a star. I gave it a perfect rating when I read it. Inca is a really interesting character to follow. Thanks for your wonderfully written review.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Deceit by Vernon Baumrind

Post by Robert Andrew »

The reviewer expresses their enjoyment of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi. They highlight the charming nature of the book, focusing on the adventures of Inca, an intelligent Siberian cat, and her companions as they embark on a mission to reunite Mr. Ye-Jun with his sister while solving various mysteries. The reviewer specifically commends the author's skill in crafting a cast of characters that are both unique and entertaining. They appreciate the individual personalities given to each animal, allowing readers to form attachments to them. Furthermore, the reviewer notes the humorous and endearing interactions between the characters, adding to the book's appeal. This commendation emphasizes the author's ability to create engaging and memorable characters, making the reading experience enjoyable and immersive.
Jay Alex
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: 1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened by Krishna Kumar

Post by Jay Alex »

I am a fan of Children's books and I think I would read this too. I like the cover page and the idea of cats standing up for each other.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”