Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Favour Chiedozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-chiedozie.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Favour Chiedozie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace is a motivational autobiography written by independence fighter and traveling diplomat Ghoulem Berrah. It highlights Dr. Berrah's hardships, perseverance, and bravery from his early years as an Algerian child living in a European colony to his current position as an advisor to the President of the Republic. It explains how Algeria's history was obliterated by French conquerors.

Berrah, in his early twenties, decided to become an activist due to his upbringing in a colonized country and his daily exposure to prejudice. He had worked to establish numerous activist organizations at the time, including the Front de Libération Nationale (FLN), the General Union of Algerian Muslim Students (UGEMA), and many others, while studying medicine in Bordeaux. Berrah joined MLA after leaving his homeland as a result of circumstances. He advocated for an Algerian student scholarship in America before enrolling at Indiana University to further his education. Along with leading DNA medical research, he later assumed a diplomatic position with Felix Houphouët-Boigny, the president of Côte d'Ivoire, and risked his life to advance peace.

I enjoyed reading this book since it had excellent editing and was written in clear and easy English. The author's involvement in his nation's decolonization process served as a powerful source of inspiration. Later on, he achieved success and had encounters with several powerful global figures. I was enthralled by the part he played in maintaining social harmony in his community. the fact that he was a terrific friend, son, and father in addition to fighting for freedom and peace. He helped us realize that abandoning one's community or country in times of difficulty is not the best way to solve the issues facing that society or nation.

After reading this positive story, I didn't see anything to dislike about the book. Even though the book was lengthy, it was a pleasure to read because it was so grandiose. The readers of this book will be inspired to think about how they might contribute to the development of their countries. Given the author's altruism, self-control, and sincerity in his aims, the memoir will benefit the entire planet.

I'm happy to remark that the editing staff performed a good job. I didn't find any errors in the book. I recommend this memoir to medicine students and people who like good political and social history, particularly African political history. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

The author's admirable efforts in fighting for independence in Algeria serve as a profound source of inspiration. His unwavering determination and resilience, even in the face of challenges, are truly motivating. His commitment to the cause is a testament to the power of perseverance and the pursuit of freedom.
The Keeper Jr
Favorite Book: The Cruel Prince
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-keeper-jr.html
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien

Post by The Keeper Jr »

Great review. The book seems an amazing pick for me since I love to read about the author's own life experience. I would surely read the book and thanks for the review.
"Once I did bad and that I heard ever. Twice I did good, but that I heard never." - Dale Carnegie
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”