Review of When we all get together

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Review of When we all get together

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

[Following is a volunteer review of "When we all get together" by Heather Bradley.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When We All Get Together by Heather Bradley is a children's book about a group of animals who get along in a forest of maple trees. The group of animals includes a colony of beavers, otters, Canada geese, porcupines, moose, raccoons, black bears, lynxes, mice, red foxes, chipmunks, blue herons, wolverines, and white-tailed deer. They are united in the forest, but when mosquito attackers scourge them, they scatter and flee.

This picture-perfect book has many lovely aspects. I love the bright and colorful illustrations of the group of animals, which are very attractive to children. I loved watching the otters, who were sliding and swimming in the water. I enjoyed looking at the baby geese together with the mommy geese. The little mouse on top of the mushroom is so cute to look at, perfect for drawing children's attention. The surprised look of the white-tailed deer made me smile; it looked like someone was coming to attack them. The river where the herd of moose drinks looks so clean and refreshing. The raccoons who hide in the trunk, just revealing half of their faces, seem like someone is searching for them. The illustrations made me happy. It brought a smile to my face. Looking at them makes me dream of the place they live. I wish I could see them in real life, especially the indigenous porcupines, raccoons, black bears, chipmunks, and deer.

Overall, the lovely illustrations and their very short, interesting story are perfect for children aged two and above. I even read it with my 4-year-old niece, and she loved it. I love questioning her about her opinion of the book. I chuckled when she said that the animals don't need to leave but should fight the mosquitoes because that's their place. I think she has a point. But this interaction means that the book is special and makes children reactive. Therefore, I gladly rate this simple-formatted book five out of five stars because my niece and I had a lovely time together reading it. The book has no flaws; hence, there's no removal of stars. I love children's books, and this one is added to the list. Without any doubt, I'm excited to see more works from Heather Bradley because I enjoyed her straightforward storytelling. Her seamless book is effortless to read, and we just finished it in one sitting. This is an ideal book for nap time. I recommend it to all moms.

When we all get together
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Thank you for another interesting review Hannie! This book sounds lovely. So many animals, nice.
Mosquitoes made the animals scatter and run away, that's scary when you imagine a storm of mosquitoes. I like your niece's way of thinking, it's the animals land then why should they run.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Great review. Even though I don't really like children's books, I do like something that will encourage kids to read. Your neice's reaction to the story was incredible.
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Your niece's reaction to the mosquitoes is hilarious and remarkable at the same time. I enjoyed reading her thoughts. ๐Ÿคฉ This is an amazing, detailed review, Hazel. I told you not to doubt your writing talent. ๐Ÿ‘
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Kavita Shah wrote: โ†‘24 May 2023, 07:32 Thank you for another interesting review, Hannie! This book sounds lovely. So many animals, nice.
Mosquitoes made the animals scatter and run away, that's scary when you imagine a storm of mosquitoes. I like your niece's way of thinking, it's the animal's land then why should they run?
Yeah, that's annoying when it's a storm of mosquitoes. And yes, I laughed at my niece's idea, she made our reading fun! Thank you so much, Kavita, for your unending support! Your comment brightens my day!
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Omneya Shakeep wrote: โ†‘24 May 2023, 11:24 Your niece's reaction to the mosquitoes is hilarious and remarkable at the same time. I enjoyed reading her thoughts. ๐Ÿคฉ This is an amazing, detailed review, Hazel. I told you not to doubt your writing talent. ๐Ÿ‘
Yeah, we laughed about it. My youngest sister who was listening too, join us laughing.

Aww, thank you, Omneya. I'm still learning. Practicing. Thank you for your lovely comment, as always.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Amy Luman wrote: โ†‘24 May 2023, 08:24 Great review. Even though I don't like children's books, I do like something that will encourage kids to read. Your niece's reaction to the story was incredible.
Thank you, Amy. I'm excited to pick up another children's book to share with my niece again. Yes, her reaction made us giggle. :lol2:
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

My niece loves animals too, Hazel! I'm amazed at how many animals are featured in this book. Your reviews captivate me each time I read them. Thank you for writing such an excellent review, Hazel!
โ€œYesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.โ€ - Eleanor Roosevelt
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Meghan Soderholm wrote: โ†‘25 May 2023, 05:35 My niece loves animals too, Hazel! I'm amazed at how many animals are featured in this book. Your reviews captivate me each time I read them. Thank you for writing such an excellent review, Hazel!
Yeah, I feel like I regret enumerating all such that. It's too many. I hope your niece can glance at this book too. Thank you so much, Meghan for your encouraging words. I appreciate YOU!
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: โ†‘25 May 2023, 06:09
Meghan Soderholm wrote: โ†‘25 May 2023, 05:35 My niece loves animals too, Hazel! I'm amazed at how many animals are featured in this book. Your reviews captivate me each time I read them. Thank you for writing such an excellent review, Hazel!
Yeah, I feel like I regret enumerating all such that. It's too many. I hope your niece can glance at this book too. Thank you so much, Meghan for your encouraging words. I appreciate YOU!
You're very welcome, Hazel! I enjoy reading your reviews! I can't wait to read more of them! :D
โ€œYesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.โ€ - Eleanor Roosevelt
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: โ†‘24 May 2023, 16:07
Kavita Shah wrote: โ†‘24 May 2023, 07:32 Thank you for another interesting review, Hannie! This book sounds lovely. So many animals, nice.
Mosquitoes made the animals scatter and run away, that's scary when you imagine a storm of mosquitoes. I like your niece's way of thinking, it's the animal's land then why should they run?
Yeah, that's annoying when it's a storm of mosquitoes. And yes, I laughed at my niece's idea, she made our reading fun! Thank you so much, Kavita, for your unending support! Your comment brightens my day!

Thank you, sending you lots of sunshine!๐ŸŒˆโ˜€๐ŸŒžโ˜€๐ŸŒˆ
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 380
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Know Your Buyer! by D.L. Andrews
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

This is clearly an engaging story for little ones, and I'm so glad to hear your niece was a fan!
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Alice in Scotland wrote: โ†‘26 May 2023, 01:25 This is clearly an engaging story for little ones, and I'm so glad to hear your niece was a fan!
Oh my, I am so happy I received a comment from you, Alice. Thank you! She even always asks me for a new story, so I am aiming to get another children's book for her again.
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Actโ€ by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

That's seems fun read Hazel. I love children books which mix fun with learning cause I love to tell my daughter bedtime stories that contains an idea or goal . Your review is refreshing and so nice .
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Sarah Zain wrote: โ†‘26 May 2023, 14:43 That seems fun to read Hazel. I love children's books that mix fun with learning cause I love to tell my daughter bedtime stories that contain an idea or goal. Your review is refreshing and so nice.
Yes, it was. Thank you so much, Sarah Zain! I hope you get the chance to grab this book and enjoy reading with your daughter.

Return to โ€œVolunteer Reviewsโ€