Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jimmy Cyprian
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace is an exceptional memoir written by a natural liberator, Dr. Ghoulem Berra. It is a powerful and insightful book through which the author examines the importance and necessity of peace in today's world. Dr. Ghoulem Berra was born into a family based in Algeria during a time of crisis and tremendous upheaval, a time when colonization was predominantly existent. Growing up and witnessing how his people suffered from racism, he became determined to put an end to it. Grab a copy of this book to find out how he was able to achieve this great height that seemed unattainable at first.

Dr. Berra writes from his own experiences as an activist, and his passion for peace comes through in every chapter of this book. I must commend his analysis of the role that education can play in fostering greater understanding and empathy. I must also commend the role of his mother in ensuring that he completed his education and his dedication to making excellent grades, which paid off when he secured a scholarship to further his education. Despite his father's passing away when he was a child, he remained relentless in his pursuit of peace.
Dr. Berra's approach is a testament that revolution doesn't necessarily need to involve bloodshed; rather, it could simply be attained through dialogue.

One of the most compelling aspects of A Dream For Peace is its focus on the importance of individual action. Dr. Berra's memoir shows that creating a more peaceful world begins with every one of us taking responsibility for our own choices and actions. This is a message that is both empowering and deeply important, particularly in a world that often feels chaotic and unpredictable. Dr. Berra's life story also shows the importance of teaching our children the most important values, which will forever serve as a guide for them.

I approached the book with an open mind, hoping to find something to critique or improve upon. However, as I turned the final page, I realized that I had nothing negative to say. The book was a delightful read from start to finish, with no discernible flaws that I could find. The book was edited perfectly and contained no spelling or punctuation errors whatsoever. Therefore, I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars, as it was unarguably perfect for me.

Overall, A Dream For Peace is a truly inspiring book that is sure to resonate with anyone who cares deeply about our shared future. Dr. Berra's writing style is powerful, and his message is one that we would all do well to take to heart. Highly recommended!

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Noble Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noble-reads.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Noble Reads »

The author is an activist and used this book to tell of his journey and experiences in his quest to create peace in Algeria. He is someone who has contributed greatly to his country and the world at large. Nice review
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

Dr Berrah is a gift to Algeria and Africa as a whole. I appreciate the fact that he was able to put this book into writing before his death. Wonderful review well-done!!!
Oluebube Prisca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluebube-prisca.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluebube Prisca »

Some believe that peace can only be attained through bloodshed but few has the desire to use dialogue. I greatly admire the author's goal and how much he sacrificed and endured to achieve it.
MsChet Cherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

I like the fact that the author insisted that revolution doesn't necessarily need to involve bloodshed; rather, it could simply be attained through dialogue. Such an inspiring book to read.
Thanks for the amazing review.
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

The book sure is encouraging and enlightening. I couldn't agree more about the important of education. Your review is well written and It showed the good aspects of the book.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is one of the best books you will ever read on peace building and diplomacy. I recommend this memoir to every leader.
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

I love how the author was determined in his quest to ensure that his country gained peace and freedom. This is a rare virtue worthy of emulation.
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

I love how the author was determined in his quest to ensure that his country gained peace and freedom. This is a rare virtue worthy of emulation.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

This book is an insightful book and big kudos to you as well, You did a great job with it.
Silvia Idahosa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-idahosa.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Silvia Idahosa »

One of the most compelling aspects of A Dream For Peace is its focus on the importance of individual action. Dr. Berra's memoir shows that creating a more peaceful world begins with every one of us taking responsibility for our own choices and actions.
Very rightly said. Individual action is important because if a group wants to create change and every individual does not act in accordance with that change in their little way, then there is only so far that change can go. There are so many things I like about this book including the messages within, and I highly recommend it to others as well.
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

Well done for this review. This is a great book to read; Dr. Berra's childhood firsthand experience with his parent-mother's determination to see him educated all helped form the man he became. A man who was an activist fighting for peace and achieving it.
Natasha Kim
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natasha-kim.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Natasha Kim »

This is an impeccable read. It's a must-read for me. A man's dedication to education and determination to fight for peace. I love the parent-and-child relationship that boosts a child's confidence to do great things. Thanks for your review.
Kene Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kene-active.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Kene Active »

This is a very lovely review. Berrah was indeed an ambassador and resilient achiever. I like that you appreciate his writing style and I hope to read too. Nice review.
Chris Agbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Post by Chris Agbara »

A Dream for Peace is an incredible historical archive. Highly recommended to people interested in Africa history. Great review by the way.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”