Review of The Date Farm

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review of The Date Farm

Post by Max Tiffany »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A ten-man terrorist group launched an attack on a shopping mall filled with young people in Beverly Hills. Over 50 deaths and more than 100 casualties were recorded. Uri and Lara, the newlywed couple who had gone on vacation to Ohio, were contacted because they have successfully investigated terrorist attacks before. Their skills were needed; therefore, they were needed to investigate the shopping mall terrorist attack. Along the way, they discovered the U.S. satellite was altered, and communication and security were distorted. The terrorists were after something. Uri and Lara swung into action on their separate undercover investigations; while Lara traveled on a cargo ship, Uri took a plane to Nova Scotia in a bid to get information about the terrorist and help restore the item stolen from the bank. How did the terrorists break into the U.S. bank? Could there be an insider who was working for the terrorist as well as responsible for the atrocities committed? Pick up a copy of The Date Farm, written by Jack Winnick, to find out.

While I read, I wondered why corruption has penetrated every sector, including government and religion. I wondered why young people full of dreams and aspirations would allow themselves to be used to commit crimes and kill others. The description of the incidents by the author made me understand why the attack was launched, and I almost forgot it was a work of fiction. As I read, I discovered the essence of peace in reality, and if it were achieved, the world would be a better place.

Despite being the fourth book in Uri and Lara's series, I liked the suspense and the unexpected turn the author introduced. Aside from the terrorist attacks, the author creates an engaging story by fusing romance, inquiry, and science. I was pleased to read about Uri and Lara's marriage and how their previously suppressed love was reignited. I salute their courage and their selflessness in battling terrorism.

However, I just have a dislike; I found some names confusing, and I had to scroll back to understand them. Apart from this, the author's writing prowess was excellent, and he was able to develop the characters as well as describe the locations and scenes in the book extensively. I also did not see any errors in this book; it was exceptionally edited. I see no reason to deduct any points, as I found it interesting. I rate it 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to action book lovers and readers who are comfortable reading about violence, crime, and terrorism.

The Date Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jimmy Cyprian
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

I must take time to commend Jack Winnick's perfection of the Uri and Lara series. It really is a good job. Thank you also for your review.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

The fourth installment in the Lara and Uri series, titled The Date Farm, presents our beloved characters with a fresh and unique mission. This fast-paced international thriller is highly anticipated by numerous readers, offering a captivating blend of security breaches, terrorist attacks, romance, and a quest for territorial restoration. With such elements combined, it promises to be an exhilarating, suspenseful masterpiece.
Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin
Favorite Book: The Inner CEO
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boluwatife-ade-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin »

I agree with you, It's sad how young people with bright futures allow themselves to be brainwashed into taking fellow human life in the name of belief. This is a wonderful review.
Ogidor Chinasa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidor-chinasa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ogidor Chinasa »

The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick is a gripping and thought-provoking book that explores corruption, terrorism, and the pursuit of peace. I was captivated by the author's ability to seamlessly blend suspense, romance, and inquiry into the story, creating an engaging and thrilling read. Great review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

All of Jack Winnick’s novel are action gripping. I like the message the author is trying to pass across to everyone, which is to try to maintain peace with everybody. Well done!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”