Review of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
John Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-martian.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Review of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by John Martian »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Do we truly know the last work of art by Leonardo da Vinci? Rumor has it that not all of his works are exhibited in museums. The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci: An Out of Time Thriller, written by Belle Ami, revolves around the search for a secret painting by the Great Da Vinci.

When Gerhard Jaeger gets accused of stealing the painting, it becomes an accepted fact in history. Gerhard was a refugee at the Uffizi Museum, hiding there with his lover. Gerhard's nephew, Max Jaeger, is determined to clear his late uncle of this crime. He employs an art detective, Alexander Caine, and asks him to find this painting. Alexander, in turn, teams up with Angela Renatus, an intern at the Getty Museum. Angela is interested in art and has been dreaming about this missing painting. As this team of two races against all odds to find this painting, they realize that this story is bigger than theirs as they see the bigger picture. Do you want to see the bigger picture too? Then read this book and find out.

I've always loved good suspense, along with a nice plot twist. These are the qualities I usually search for in books, and I must confess that I was more than happy to realize that this book possessed these qualities. I also enjoyed how the author wrote about his characters; everyone had their moments. My favorite character was Alexander Caine. He was a skilled detective and had his methods of going about things.

I found one fault in this book, and it was the inclusion of Italian in it. I encountered difficulties reading through some pages as I did not know the language. I had to translate with Google on all occasions, which was stressful.

Due to the reasons above, I will be awarding this book a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. Although this book was perfectly edited with no errors, I believe it was fair to remove a star because the fault found was inconvenient to me. I recommend this book to people who enjoy reading about art, love, and investigations. This book is unsuitable for young readers because it contains some sex scenes.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Schyk Marcus
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-schyk-marcus.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Schyk Marcus »

Superb reviews my friend, keep up the good work. I loved everything about your review and will want to read more from you

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”