Review of Fantasy Friends on Furlough in a Putrid Pandemic

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Review of Fantasy Friends on Furlough in a Putrid Pandemic

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fantasy Friends on Furlough in a Putrid Pandemic" by Alexandra DeHaven.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The year 2020 will be one that most of us will not forget in a hurry. This was the time when most of us had to go to sleep and wake up in fear, always praying not to lose our minds or a family member to the dreaded COVID disease. Safety measures were put in place in most countries to be able to limit the transmission of the virus from person to person.

Measures such as the compulsory use of face masks and the strict lockdown of markets and workplaces were implemented. In my perspective, Alexandra DeHaven's novel Fantasy Friends on Furlough in a Putrid Pandemic is meant to remind children of the COVID-19 experience.

The book shares the experiences of different animals, such as the Fluke Fish, the Yoga Frog, the Touch Toucan, and many more. These stories have a lot to teach children about companionship, mystery, and many more things. I know that you won't want your children to miss out on this piece, so get this book.

I liked this book because it was presented in a unique style that has a high touch of poetry, and I found it interesting because this is not something just anyone could put together, so kudos to Alexandra. The artwork is another commendable aspect of this book, and I believe that the illustrator is a professional. I also believe that this book could be a starting point for children who have an interest in poetry. The moral lessons contained in this book are also something you would have to settle down to understand, which I think was very clever on the author's part.

I had nothing to dislike in this book, and with this, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I didn't encounter any errors while reading this book, which shows that the editor had done a perfect job, which is commendable too. I recommend the book Fantasy Friends on Furlough in a Putrid Pandemic by Alexandra DeHaven to lovers of poetry and to children from the age of 7 to 12 because of its unique poetry style.

Fantasy Friends on Furlough in a Putrid Pandemic
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sandra Osita-Orah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-ebere-ent.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Sandra Osita-Orah »

I think that the author just wanted to use elements of imagination and fantasy as a tool for children to understand the experience during the challenging time of COVID.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Call Me Adam by Jo McCarty

Post by Veronica Hunter »

"Fantasy Friends on Furlough in a Putrid Pandemic" is a timely and thoughtful book by Alexandra DeHaven, helping children navigate the complexities of the COVID-19 pandemic through imaginative tales of animals. A great addition for parents and educators.
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

I am very much awaited to read this book, Your review motivated me to read this book ASAP. The way you inculcated the details of the book in a very clear manner is impressive. Thank you

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”