Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anabel Mack
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anabel-mack.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Anabel Mack »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace, written by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah, is an essential and study-provoking book that delves into the complications of conflict resolution and the hunt for world peace.

The author was born in Aïn Beïda, in the northeastern part of Algeria, when annexation was expected worldwide, and France annexed Algeria. He draws upon his vast experience as a transnational middleman and moderator to present a compelling argument for pursuing peaceful results in the most punitively intractable conflicts. Throughout the book, Dr. Berrah offers a nuanced and perceptive analysis of the challenges that arise in accommodations between disagreeing parties, including issues of trust, power dynamics, and the influence of external actors.

One of the things I liked about this book, A Dream For Peace, is the author's capability to draw upon a wide range of case studies from different world regions, including Africa, the Middle East, and Europe. By focusing on each conflict's unique dynamics and literal environment, Dr. Berrah can offer a further nuanced understanding of the root causes of violence and the implicit avenues for peace. There are colorful effects to learn from this book. It's an essential and timely donation to conflict resolution and peace studies. With its nuanced analysis and important call to action, it's a must-read for anyone interested in understanding the challenges of erecting a more peaceful world.

The book is also notable for its emphasis on the significance of civil society in promoting peace and social justice. Dr. Berrah argues that sustainable peace requires the active engagement of citizens and grassroots organizations in the political process and a commitment to addressing the root causes of inequality and injustice.

There was nothing to dislike about this book. I rate it five out of five stars because of the invaluable assignments I learned from it. I didn't find any crimes, which means it was exceptionally well-edited. Likewise, I recommend this book to those willing to learn more about African history.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Jane Honda »

Your review was amazing and it explains the core of this book. Everything contained in the book has a point starting from his family background. A very fascinating book to read.
Kene Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kene-active.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Kene Active »

Berrah is indeed an ambassador and international model. Being an advocate of peace isn't easy but it's good to know about Berrah's heightened resilience. Nice review.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

Your review really explains what this novel is all about. Dr. Berrah is a man that’s very compassionate about peace and it showed in his marriage. Well done!
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

Dr. Berrah was a hardworking man, which is what I liked most about him. Instead of giving up on his dream when the task became difficult, he pushed harder. Nice review.
Helen Chizzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-chizzy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Helen Chizzy »

This book is an amazing one. The life of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is quite inspiring. I would love to read all about his life as a revolutionist. Beautiful review.
Noble Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noble-reads.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Noble Reads »

A Dream For Peace by Ghoulem Berrah is a book that talked of the political activities of the author to create peace and freedom in his country. It showed the experiences he had, challenges he faced and aliases he made in his determination to bring freedom.
Olivia Reads
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivia-reads.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Olivia Reads »

In a world full of chaos and violence, everyone craves for peace. Dr. Ghoulem is no exception but he does not stop there. He takes proactive steps in achieving world peace. Nice review.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

Everyone wants to achieve peace, especially inner peace in a chaotic world. Your review was captivating and honest. I can't wait to read and review this book myself. Excellent review.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

The dignitaries mentioned in this book taught me a lot of things. The description of Ghaddafi signified a no-nonsense man with too much charisma to me. Good review.
Jesse Shon Voyamba
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesse-shon-voyamba.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Jesse Shon Voyamba »

One of the most impactful memoirs I have read in recent times. Everything about the life of the author is worth emulating. He lived a life of love, sacrifice, and purpose.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

Your review explains this book and Dr Berrah's pursuit for peace from a different perspective. Thanks for a lovely review.
Cesyao
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cesyao.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Cesyao »

Dr. Ghoulem's storytelling transports readers to different corners of the world, shedding light on diverse perspectives on peace.
Oluebube Prisca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluebube-prisca.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluebube Prisca »

A Dream for Peace is one I am greatly discourage to read due to the page number but from your review it is an excellent book. Though I am not a big fan of memoirs but a book deals on the struggle for justice and promoting peace in a good one.
Ekaete Bruno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

The journey for total change sometimes need to begin with just one individual and for Algeria, that individual was Dr Ghoulem. I wish I could have such an individual in my own country.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”