Review of Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nemanja Jankovic
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 551
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Review of Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless" by Mitzi Perdue.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Mitzi Perdue's Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless is an inspiring and objective biography of the title character presented in a highly motivating style. Despite the fact that Mark Victor Hansen is a prominent lecturer and co-author of the hugely successful Chicken Soup for the Soul book series, this book is his whole life from childhood to adulthood. The book is organized logically and chronologically, and it includes photos from various times of the author's life. The most essential lessons that readers can take from Mark's life example are stated at the end of each chapter.

Unlike biographies and autobiographies, this book's main character does not strive to represent themself as anything less than flawless. Mitzi Perdue paid equal attention to Mark's failures, from which he routinely derived key life lessons, in a highly professional manner. Aside from the sense of objectivity imposed by this approach, it also delivers a vital message to the readers that failures are acceptable and a natural component of life.

What I liked most about the book was Mark Victor Hansen's personality, as well as his spirit of adventure and constant optimism. Throughout the book, Mark's strong work ethics are detailed in practice and illustrated by several anecdotes from his life. I enjoyed how Mark Victor Hansen's boyhood was recounted, with all the boyish mischief, but also the practically proved tenacity when it came to saving up for his dream bicycle. I liked how the author expressed his perseverance when he was continuously met with misunderstandings from potential publishers for his first book. However, the section of the book that I enjoyed the most was the one on Mark's tithing habit, which he refers to as the "bedrock principle" that guides his life. I believe this is where one may see both his magnificence and his sense of modesty. Each chapter concludes with a summary of the significant life lessons presented in that chapter. I really loved how the book incorporates photographs from Mark Victor Hansen's life starting from childhood.

There was nothing I disliked about the book. The book was of consistent quality from beginning to end, and each chapter was incredibly engaging and unpredictable. The book is professionally edited and written in simple language.

The decision on how to evaluate the book was simple because I enjoyed it from the start, and the wonderful initial impression was confirmed throughout the subsequent pages. The primary aspects of this biography that I rate 5 out of 5 stars are inspiring examples, an engaging and logically written book, and valuable life lessons from the life of Mark Victor Hansen.

I recommend the book to fans of biographies, autobiographies, memoirs, fans of inspirational and motivational books, as well as admirers of Mark Victor Hansen.

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

I share the same sentiments regarding this book. It was engaging and insightful. Awesome review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”