Review of Ragamuffin

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Collins Umunnakwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collins-umunnakwe.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Review of Ragamuffin

Post by Collins Umunnakwe »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Ragamuffin" by Murray Bishoff.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Ragamuffin, an intriguing piece by Murray Bishoff, is set in the small American town of Southwest Missuori. It portrays the very common lifestyle of sub-urban and rural dwellers. It is very easy for readers to identify with and relate to the rough lifestyle and hard work people put in to survive every day. An unmatched blend of small town politics and its players: heroines, scoundrels, villains, and even cunning senior citizens. Ragamuffin has a narrow focus on life as well as interesting individuals and colorful characters to keep the reader going on and on.
Young Ellie Pichgiss enrolls in a new school and is faced with various challenges. While adapting to a different approach to learning, Ellie also has to make new friends at her new school. Ellie develops into a leader, always standing her ground against any undesirable element in her school. This endears her to her peers and makes her a sort of role model for them. Facing all challenges head-on, her kindness, vigor, and courage, along with reuniting with her family, eventually paid off for Ellie.
This book is very relatable and has a wide range of readability. Young adults, mystery fanatics, and random fiction lovers can be intrigued by the way the author relates Ellie’s story. I particularly love Ellie’s role as a heroine, teaching young female adults that they can always stand their ground and ‘be more’ in the present society. The novel encompasses and also gives a bigger picture of everyday happenings both in rural and urban settings, teaching lessons that can be applied in similar situations. Even a 'ragamuffin' can aspire to become an elite member of society. It is worthy of note that the book was exceptionally edited and contains no errors. I’ll like to rate this book 5 out of 5 stars, particularly commending the cover page, which is in sync with the book’s title.
I do not have any dislikes for the book as it stands. It is really a masterpiece.
I recommend this book to all teenagers and young adults, as well as parents who want to help their kids develop an in-depth sense of charisma.

Ragamuffin
View: on Bookshelves
Nkem Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkem-blessing.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nkem Blessing »

Good review. I think the book will be interesting to.read.. good job well done. I like your writing skill. More effort dear
Nkem Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkem-blessing.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nkem Blessing »

Whar a nicr review i can't wait to read this book as it has captivated me thanks for the great review
Sheen Jenny
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling

Post by Sheen Jenny »

It sounds like Ragamuffin is a captivating novel that captures the essence of small-town life in Southwest Missouri. The relatable characters and their struggles make the book an enjoyable read for a wide range of readers. Ellie's character is particularly inspiring, showing young women that they can be strong and stand up for themselves. Overall, it seems like a great book for anyone who enjoys fiction with relatable characters and a touch of mystery.
Jay Alex
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: 1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened by Krishna Kumar

Post by Jay Alex »

Ellie sure sounds like an interesting character to watch out for. I appreciate her leadership courage and boldness. Welldone.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

I'm and will always be a fan of books that preach braveness, courage, and choosing survival regardless. I'm adding this to my shelf right away, thanks for the explict review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”