Review of The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Review of The Biblical Clock

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon is a remarkable book that aims to reconcile the perceived conflict between science and scripture regarding the timing of the universe's creation and the emergence of life on Earth. The authors provide a timeline for the universe's inception and outline a cyclical pattern encompassing four iterations, starting from Adam's original sin and culminating in the projected completion of humanity's redemption.

It successfully achieves its goal by skillfully combining previously presented information in a narrative style, making it more accessible to readers. Notably, I was pleasantly surprised to find Esther acknowledged as one of these leaders. It is fitting that she played such a role, yet women's contributions in biblical history are rarely recognized in leadership positions. This inclusion was refreshing and added depth and impartiality to the information presented.

The Biblical Clock draws from biblical books shared by Christians and Jews, and other Jewish sources. As a Christian reader, I found the references to creation familiar. Although, at first, I didn't believe science and religion could agree, I am impressed with what the authors did with this book. Among the book's highlights, my favorite part was a chapter scene depicting a hypothetical scenario for the End of Days. The calmness of the advisor's voice to the leader and how they all dropped to their knees to pray is beautiful. This imagery serves as a potent reminder of God's unwavering faithfulness.

The book includes diagrams summarizing the information. Moreover, adding co-author Dania Sheldon, a professional writer, editor, and researcher, enhances the book's overall quality. I give this book a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars for how well it was edited and because I dislike nothing about it.

I recommend it to those who want to increase their knowledge of science and religion and readers of well-researched books.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

The tranquil cadence of the advisor's voice and the sight of all individuals bowing in devotion generate a genuinely breathtaking scene, testifying profoundly to the steadfast loyalty of God. The achievements of the authors in this book made a lasting impact on me.
Jay Alex
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: 1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened by Krishna Kumar

Post by Jay Alex »

I am of the opinion that there is no matter how we try Science and The Bible won't still agree on a whole lot of things. But, I would read the book to read the author's view and explanation. Welldone!!!
Cresswell Henderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cresswell-henderson.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Cresswell Henderson »

The book inclusion of diagrams to summarize the given information is really commendable. The book sounds like one that'd cause a lot of confusion for me, but I'll try it.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Deceit by Vernon Baumrind

Post by Robert Andrew »

The reviewer praises "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon for its remarkable reconciliation of science and scripture regarding the timing of the universe's creation and the emergence of life on Earth. They commend the authors for providing a timeline and a cyclical pattern that encompasses four iterations, starting from Adam's original sin and leading to humanity's redemption. The reviewer appreciates the authors' skillful combination of previously presented information in a narrative style, which enhances the book's accessibility to readers. They also express their pleasant surprise at the inclusion of Esther as one of the leaders mentioned in the book. They note that it is rare for women's contributions in biblical history to be recognized in leadership positions, and the inclusion of Esther adds depth and impartiality to the information presented.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Doctor Lucifer by Anthony Lee

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

It's impressive how 'The Biblical Clock' draws from both Christian and Jewish sources, making it a book that can resonate with readers from various backgrounds.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

Iam a fan of critical thinking. When I was younger I do find myself challenging any new information about the creation of the universe in the scripture. I will also try and compare what science says concerning it. seen this book, I will like to read what this book would present in proving that science and scriptures agree about the creatio0n of the universe.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”