Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekaete Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Surviving the Business of Healthcare is a 146-page nonfiction book with 29 chapters written by Barbara Galutia Regis, PA-C. It is a highly informative and invaluable resource for anyone navigating the complex world of healthcare. Drawing upon her extensive experience as a physician assistant and healthcare administrator, Regis provides readers with an insider's perspective on the challenges and opportunities within the industry.

One of the standout features of this book is its practicality. Regis breaks down the intricate workings of the healthcare system in a clear and accessible manner, making it easy for readers to grasp the complexities of healthcare financing, insurance, and regulations. Whether you are a healthcare professional, a patient, or someone interested in understanding the inner workings of the healthcare industry, this book offers valuable insights and guidance.

Regis goes beyond the technical aspects of healthcare and addresses the human side of the industry. One of the things I liked about this book was how she emphasized the importance of effective communication between healthcare providers and patients and highlighted the significance of empathy and compassion in delivering quality care. By sharing real-life anecdotes and case studies, Regis brings these concepts to life and helps readers understand how they can make a meaningful impact on patient outcomes.

Another strength of Surviving the Business of Healthcare is its relevance to the current healthcare landscape. The book acknowledges the evolving nature of the industry, including the impact of technological advancements, changing reimbursement models, and the increasing focus on value-based care. Regis offers valuable insights on how healthcare professionals can adapt to these changes and position themselves for success in an ever-changing environment.

The only thing I disliked about this book was my understanding of most medical terms, as I am not experienced in that field. I rate this book four out of five stars because of my dislike, as mentioned above. I did not find any errors, which means it was exceptionally well-edited. Likewise, I recommend this book to people who would love to know more about what happens in the medical field besides regular treatment.

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Jane Honda »

The business of healthcare is not one man business or a business of only professionals. This book is going to give you the foundation needed to be successful in taking care of your health.
Olivia Reads
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivia-reads.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Olivia Reads »

The healthcare industry is a highly technical and professional industry. Barbara does all she can to divulge secrets and tips in surviving the industry.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

The healthcare industry is full of unnecessary complications. I am glad there are books such as this one to help guide us through the healthcare system. Your review was captivating, honest, and well-written. Excellent review.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

Surviving The Business Of Healthcare is a very educational and helpful book. When you read this book you will realize that there's so much you need to know to help improve your healthcare and that of the people around you. Good review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

Surviving the Business of Healthcare is an informative and educative novel that will teach a lot of its readers and prevent them from getting exploited. Nice review!
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

Health care providers and organizations owe every patient quality treatments, and having strong communication with patience fosters a quick recovery.
Oluebube Prisca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluebube-prisca.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluebube Prisca »

Empathy and compassion in delivering health care is one thing that seem to be fading in the health care or caregivers system. From your review, I like this approach of the author.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”