Review of When we all get together

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Omneya Shakeep
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Review of When we all get together

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

[Following is a volunteer review of "When we all get together" by Heather Bradley.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

With so many children's books available nowadays, it can be challenging to find a book that your children will enjoy and learn from. When We All Get Together by Heather Bradley is a simple children's book that captures all of the essential traits to make the best book for reading beginners.

The book consists of 44 pages full of wonderfully colored illustrations to attract the children's attention and keep them engaged while reading. It also contains simple sentences that children in the learning-to-read phase can practice with to improve their reading skills. It illustrates a group of animals with their names written in simple sentences in a rhythmic form under each of the beautiful graphics. Which helps young readers identify the creatures introduced in the book.

I had a great time reading this book with my 8-year-old son. I even discovered two new animals I had no idea existed: the lynx and the wolverine. I was surprised to hear that the wolverine is a real animal and not just a made-up name used in movies. My son was quite excited about researching these animals. He told me he enjoyed reading this book and matching the animals to those he already knew about from watching animated movies.

There was also the name of each group of animals, which taught us new words after reading this book. For example, a group of Canada geese is called "a gaggle of Canada geese," and a group of black bears is called "a sleuth of black bears." Overall, it was a delightful read that we both learned from, which is what most parents aim for when selecting a book for their kids.

I didn't find any errors in this book. So, I believe this exceptionally well-edited book deserves 5 out of 5 stars, as it achieves everything a parent is seeking in a children's book. It is educational, fun to read, and engaging. I didn't find anything to dislike about it, so there was no reason to deduct stars.

I recommend When We All Get Together by Heather Bradley to 3-year-old children and older. It can also be read as a quick bedtime story.

When we all get together
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Blackstenius
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

Colorful illustrations; simple sentences; and rhythmic writing style: all these make this a perfect children's book. It's also amazing to learn something about the existence of the "lynx" from a children's book. I'm glad both you and your son enjoyed reading this book; I enjoyed reading your review. Thank you!
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

There are actual animals called wolverines!! New information. I think this will be a great book to teach groups of animal names to the kids. Your personal example shows that it can be used for quality reading time with children. Thank you for a great and personalized review Omneya!
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Blackstenius wrote: 22 May 2023, 11:54 Colorful illustrations; simple sentences; and rhythmic writing style: all these make this a perfect children's book. It's also amazing to learn something about the existence of the "lynx" from a children's book. I'm glad both you and your son enjoyed reading this book; I enjoyed reading your review. Thank you!
We sync! :techie-studyingbrown:
Blackstenius
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

Kavita Shah wrote: 22 May 2023, 11:57
Blackstenius wrote: 22 May 2023, 11:54 Colorful illustrations; simple sentences; and rhythmic writing style: all these make this a perfect children's book. It's also amazing to learn something about the existence of the "lynx" from a children's book. I'm glad both you and your son enjoyed reading this book; I enjoyed reading your review. Thank you!
We sync! :techie-studyingbrown:
🤝
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I enjoyed the illustration in this book. I love looking at the mouse on top of the mushroom. The raccoons hiding in the trunk and the surprised look of the deer. It was a wonderful read for my 4-year-old niece and me. I'm glad your son enjoyed reading it too. Now I feel shy about my review if it is published, I feel like it was not even half of how excellently written your review was, Omneya. Wow, fantastic!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Favorite Book: The Midwife of Auschwitz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-n-brega-bartolomeu.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu »

I feel so ignorant for not knowing Wolverine is an animal ahahha I'm glad this book is so insightful! Sounds like a book I would love to read with my little ones!
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

I am looking forward to reading this book with my nieces and nephews. They love books with simple words and catchy rhymes. I enjoyed reading your review. Excellent work!
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Omneya Shakeep
Currently Reading:

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Surprisingly, it was an educational book for me as well as my son. I would have thought the lynx is a fox if I saw their pictures before, I wouldn't have noticed the difference. I am glad you enjoyed this review. Thank you for your lovely comment and for always stopping by to leave one. 😊
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Omneya Shakeep
Currently Reading:

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Kavita Shah wrote: 22 May 2023, 11:56 There are actual animals called wolverines!! New information. I think this will be a great book to teach groups of animal names to the kids. Your personal example shows that it can be used for quality reading time with children. Thank you for a great and personalized review Omneya!
My thoughts exactly. 🤯 it is a delightful read that we both enjoyed very much. Thanks for this wonderful comment, Kavita, and your constant support.
Rob White.
Omneya Shakeep
Currently Reading:

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 23 May 2023, 00:42 I enjoyed the illustration in this book. I love looking at the mouse on top of the mushroom. The raccoons hiding in the trunk and the surprised look of the deer. It was a wonderful read for my 4-year-old niece and me. I'm glad your son enjoyed reading it too. Now I feel shy about my review if it is published, I feel like it was not even half of how excellently written your review was, Omneya. Wow, fantastic!
I don't think it's possible for your review to be even average. You are very talented with words and write the most brilliant reviews. Now I'm looking forward to reading it. Thanks for your amazing compliments and unending support.
Last edited by Omneya Shakeep on 24 May 2023, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.
Rob White.
Omneya Shakeep
Currently Reading:

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu wrote: 23 May 2023, 06:14 I feel so ignorant for not knowing Wolverine is an animal ahahha I'm glad this book is so insightful! Sounds like a book I would love to read with my little ones!
You are not the only one here; don't worry. Knowing there are real Wolverines was a true shock to me.🤯  It is a very insightful and light book. I hope your kids enjoy it as much as mine did. Thanks for your awesome comment, Sara.
Rob White.
Omneya Shakeep
Currently Reading:

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Meghan Soderholm wrote: 23 May 2023, 08:04 I am looking forward to reading this book with my nieces and nephews. They love books with simple words and catchy rhymes. I enjoyed reading your review. Excellent work!
It is a very delightful book. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave this nice comment.
Rob White.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

Omneya Shakeep wrote: 24 May 2023, 10:32
Meghan Soderholm wrote: 23 May 2023, 08:04 I am looking forward to reading this book with my nieces and nephews. They love books with simple words and catchy rhymes. I enjoyed reading your review. Excellent work!
It is a very delightful book. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave this nice comment.
You're very welcome! I am looking forward to reading more of your reviews!
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Omneya Shakeep wrote: 24 May 2023, 10:21
Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 23 May 2023, 00:42 I enjoyed the illustration in this book. I love looking at the mouse on top of the mushroom. The raccoons hiding in the trunk and the surprised look of the deer. It was a wonderful read for my 4-year-old niece and me. I'm glad your son enjoyed reading it too. Now I feel shy about my review if it is published, I feel like it was not even half of how excellently written your review was, Omneya. Wow, fantastic!
I don't think your review can be even average. You are very talented with words and write the most brilliant reviews. Now I'm looking forward to reading it. Thanks for your amazing compliments and unending support.
Thank you, Omneya. I hope it's still good to read, though.🙈

And you are welcome. :tiphat:
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”