Review of Taken by Twilight

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of Taken by Twilight

Post by Uche Active »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Taken by Twilight" by Tricia Barr.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We often find ourselves in unexplainable situations. We see ourselves around strange and unexpected events that we don’t have control over, and having no choice, we flow with it.

Evee and Justin have just ended things and left their relationship awkward. Just then, strange things began to happen. Justin encounters a vampire, but a group called Faes saves him and takes him to a strange place. Similar events also happen to Evee. They meet in an unidentifiable environment where they are told they are in a contest. They meet other contestants there. The Fae inform them that they are in the Centurial Mating Games, in which some Fae will pick a groom or bride. The contestants are devastated by this strange news. What do they make of it? How does the contest end for Evie and Justin? Read this book to find out.

Taken by Twilight: The Mating Games I is a nonfiction book by Tricia Barr. The author put so much effort into this book’s cover page. The book has a captivating and intriguing cover page that would make anyone want to read it. Accompanied by this is the fact that the book has an engaging plot. The idea of a mating game and all the surrounding events were epic. I could feel Evee’s fear as she was kidnapped and taken to an unknown place.

The author wrote the book in third-person narrative, but each chapter is from either of the two main characters’ points of view. The book features vampires, the supernatural, contests, romance, and struggle. I salute the author for how he developed the characters, from the protagonists to the supporting and minor characters. I enjoyed the drama between Evee and Justin. Despite the friction, they find themselves in a situation where they have no choice but to be together. The way the contestants were together for the game reminded me of a reality TV series I enjoy, and it was exciting to experience all the drama.

There are some things that I did not like about this book. Firstly, the pages were badly and improperly numbered. It was misleading. At first, I was almost discouraged until I saw it was a mistake. Also, the book contains some confusing dialects. For example, ‘Chi’ means something else that is sacred in my language. It would have been preferable if the author included a glossary at the end of the book. For these reasons, I give this book 4 out of 5 stars. However, the book had more good parts, and readers can overlook the negativities. The book was also exceptionally well edited, as I encountered no errors while reading.

I recommend this book to lovers of non-fictional stories, especially lovers of books on the supernatural and vampires. I advise young children to stay away from this book due to its level of romance and profanity.

Taken by Twilight
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sinachi Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sinachi-azuka.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Sinachi Azuka »

I am certainly loving the book's cover. Looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for the review. I enjoyed reading it.
Noble Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noble-reads.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Noble Reads »

This book has a storyline that kind of relates to a movie I've watched. It is fantastical, seeing that it talked about vampires. I would really love to get a copy of this book and see how thing played out.
Jimmy Cyprian
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

Romance amongst Vampires are always interesting to read about, and from your review, this one is no exception. Thank you for this amazing review.
Kelvin Modilim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

Twilight is a major story that I think every uoung person have read and its nice that this story lives on and it still enjoyable despite it being old.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

The fact that the book is written in third-person narrative with alternating chapters from the main characters' perspectives is intriguing. It offers a chance to see the story unfold from different viewpoints and provides insight into Evee and Justin's individual experiences. I enjoy books that allow me to connect with multiple characters on a deeper level.
MsChet Cherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

Your review gave a clear illustration of the theme of this book.
I can already imagine watching this in a movie. It sounds so fascinating.
Thanks for your beautiful review.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

In the book, the author employs a third-person narrative style, while each chapter is presented from the perspective of one of the two main characters. Within its pages, the story delves into a world of vampires, the supernatural, thrilling contests, captivating romance, and formidable struggles.
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Sheen Jenny »

"Taken by Twilight: The Mating Games Iby Tricia Barr offers a thrilling and captivating plot that keeps readers hooked from the very beginning. The concept of the Centurial Mating Games and the mysterious Fae world create an intriguing backdrop for Evie and Justin's journey. Barr's attention to detail, especially in the book's cover page, adds to the overall appeal of the story."
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Jessica Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-azuka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Jessica Azuka »

I certainly know what a vampire is but not a Far. Also, this book sounds like a fairytale, like Cinderella and Snow White. It gout me interested and I'm looking forward to reading this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”