Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers by Archie Luper

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Obc Contentor »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah, a diplomat originally from Algeria, has made remarkable contributions in the fields of academics, politics, medicine, and research. His groundbreaking research includes a hypothesis on the now-identified Reverse Transcriptase Enzyme. Within academia, he serves as a biology professor and medical scientist. In the realm of politics, he holds the position of Special Advisor to President Houphouët-Boigny, utilizing his political influence to establish peace in situations of political discord. For instance, he successfully averted potential trouble by preemptively advising and muting Fidel Castro's microphone during a speech. Additionally, he played a key role in fostering peace between Palestine and Israel through effective dialogue. Dr. Berrah's inspiring life journey can be explored further in the book A Dream for Peace: A Memoir.

A Dream for Peace is a memoir by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah that intricately depicts Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's life, shedding light on his impactful contributions to academic pursuits, politics, religion, and marriage.

There is nothing I dislike in this book. One aspect I truly appreciate about this book is its genuine content, evident from the inclusion of testimonies from Ghoulem's friends and those who have benefited from his benevolence. These commendations serve as third-party affirmations of his extraordinary accomplishments that might otherwise seem too remarkable to be true. The author provides an honest account of both Ghoulem's strengths and weaknesses, recounting instances where his limited English proficiency hindered his comprehension of speeches during conferences before he emerged as a scientist.

Furthermore, the book captivates readers with the inclusion of photographs featuring the author and significant individuals who played important roles in Ghoulem's life, such as his spouses, professional mentors, and referenced colleagues.

The book also conveys valuable lessons. Among the various moral teachings, what struck me the most was the significance of embracing religious tolerance. Ghoulem's broad-mindedness and regard for different faiths empowered him to overcome limitations and obstacles, allowing him to select a life partner who would bring him lasting joy.

From a literary perspective, the book is flawlessly edited, devoid of any grammatical errors. Therefore, I wholeheartedly give it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I highly recommend A Dream for Peace to all memoir enthusiasts and individuals interested in learning about the lives of historical heroes, icons, and influencers who have left a significant impact on the world.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

Dr. Ghoulem's book, "A Dream For Peace," is undoubtedly one of the finest books I have had the pleasure of reading. The author's selflessness in pursuing his noble objective truly resonated with me. I deeply admire his unwavering courage and profound love for his nation.
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: The Fairy Tale of Peckham Rye Park by MeM Tekari

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

From your review, it seems like the book is indeed rich in content and I would like to read it also. Thanks for the insightful review.
Mercy Deen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-deen.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Mercy Deen »

I have come across some reviews about this book, all pointing to Berrah's resilience and goal-getter forte to break limit in pursuing what he felt is fair for himself and other. That's awesome of him.
Rahma Nini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahma-nini.html
Latest Review: Stolen Grace by Rev Errol E Leslie

Post by Rahma Nini »

Some of the reviews about this book that I have come across all present the author has great and change maker. I am awe of his so many achievements. Well done on the detailed review.
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

Well done for this review. Dr. Berrah's selflessness is commendable and his drive to achieve peace in his home country made a big impact.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Deceit by Vernon Baumrind

Post by Robert Andrew »

In the realm of politics, Dr. Berrah's role as a Special Advisor to President Houphouët-Boigny highlights his ability to utilize his influence to foster peace in situations of political discord. The examples of averting trouble during Fidel Castro's speech and playing a key role in fostering peace between Palestine and Israel demonstrate his diplomatic skills and commitment to finding peaceful solutions.
Boye Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boye-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Welcome to Dreamland by Rasa Ponce

Post by Boye Emmanuel »

This book should be read by every struggling African child that there's hope for them and that Africa can be great if the right things addressed in this book are put in place.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Post by Veronica Hunter »

The memoir 'A Dream for Peace' by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah seems to be a captivating exploration of a life dedicated to academics, politics, and peace. Dr. Berrah's ability to influence political situations and contribute to peace efforts, as highlighted in the book, reflects the profound impact one individual can have on the world.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”