Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: “TREMAINE” by James Harold Kelly
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 11%

Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

Post by Kigen Valarie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide by Gustavo Kinrys, M.D., and Alexandra Gold, M.A., is a book that discusses anxiety and stress in detail. The authors begin by defining stress and anxiety. Their respective symptoms are also discussed in detail. Afterward, they tackle the book's main subject: alleviating stress and anxiety. There are both pharmacological and non-pharmacological methods included. These include nutrient-based remedies, herbal-based remedies, and natural remedies. The side effects, dosage, source, and contraindications are discussed. There is extensive discussion of cognitive therapy and the natural methods of managing stress and anxiety. Alternative therapies are also discussed at the end of the book.

There are many aspects of this book that I liked. First, the book is well-researched. The authors explain some aspects while referring to information from MedlinePlus. Furthermore, I love how the symptoms were discussed in detail. Although it is not advisable to self-diagnose, these symptoms may enable one to take further action if they realize their health is at stake. They are carefully broken down, and there are even ways they can be controlled. The medications mentioned in this book are discussed in detail, along with their downsides. The authors also draw on experiences from the clinical area and their personal experiences.

Many people are sometimes unaware they have anxiety; this book will help them identify it. The thoughts of many people who experience anxiety are explained, making them easy to recognize. There are links to access what the reader might find helpful, like locating a cognitive-behavioral therapy therapist. I learned a lot by reading this book, and I can confidently say that there is nothing that I disliked.

I rate Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide by Gustavo Kinrys, M.D., and Alexandra Gold, M.A., 5 out of 5 stars. Different people exhibit different levels of anxiety and stress. They may necessitate treatment in alternate forms. All this has been tackled in this book. There are also tables at the end of the book that summarize everything discussed. There are also suggested sources for further reading that will be helpful to anyone interested in knowing more. I only came across two errors in the book. This shows that the book was professionally edited. It deserves nothing short of a perfect rating.

I recommend this book to all those interested in learning more about their health, especially stress and anxiety. The remedies and methods mentioned in this book are also helpful in tackling other health problems and will provide additional information.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|
Fawmi FJumana
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fawmi-fjumana.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Fawmi FJumana »

I think most people nowadays are having different levels of anxiety and stress as you said. And the treatment may vary with their preferences. This book seems like a lot of help with it's detailed explanations of natural as well as pharmacological treatments. Your review was very insightful.
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

I found this book to be most helpful. Although it is simply written, it is very informative and ties a lot of daily struggles around anxiety and stress into a book that is so handy to have. The mental health aspects and explanations were very interesting.
Nkem Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkem-blessing.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nkem Blessing »

This review is great. Though this book talks about natural and alternative wayyof relieving stress and anxiety. More effort dear.
Kevin Larson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kevin-larson.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Kevin Larson »

"Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" is a valuable resource for anyone seeking natural approaches to managing anxiety and stress, offering practical advice and support.
Kigen Valarie
Currently Reading:

Post by Kigen Valarie »

Kevin Larson wrote: 23 Jun 2023, 11:38 "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" is a valuable resource for anyone seeking natural approaches to managing anxiety and stress, offering practical advice and support.
This book has played a huge role in my life. Not only in alleviating most of the symptoms I experience but also in learning about other alternatives. So it is true to say it's a valuable resource.
Kigen Valarie
Currently Reading:

Post by Kigen Valarie »

Nkem Blessing wrote: 10 Jun 2023, 10:01 This review is great. Though this book talks about natural and alternative way of relieving stress and anxiety. More effort dear.
Thank you. Most of the people out there are always looking for a nonpharmacological approach and this might be the resource they need.
Kigen Valarie
Currently Reading:

Post by Kigen Valarie »

Kelly Tunstall wrote: 10 Jun 2023, 09:42 I found this book to be most helpful. Although it is simply written, it is very informative and ties a lot of daily struggles around anxiety and stress into a book that is so handy to have. The mental health aspects and explanations were very interesting.
My mind gets tired trying to comprehend hard texts. So yeah, this book is simple and reader friendly for everyone who loves reading.
Abbra Marsh
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbra-marsh.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Abbra Marsh »

Learning to manage my time better has been instrumental in reducing stress.
Abbra Marsh
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbra-marsh.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Abbra Marsh »

A practical and user-friendly guide for those seeking relief from anxiety.
Kigen Valarie
Currently Reading:

Post by Kigen Valarie »

Abbra Marsh wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 03:43 Learning to manage my time better has been instrumental in reducing stress.
Yes, that's another way to do it. Sometimes when I do nothing all day and just stay in bed I end up being stressed. Thanks for your input.
Kigen Valarie
Currently Reading:

Post by Kigen Valarie »

Abbra Marsh wrote: 20 Nov 2023, 08:45 A practical and user-friendly guide for those seeking relief from anxiety.
It is a recommendable book and I'm glad you saw that. Many people have to realize they need to read this.
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your thoughtful review! Your perspective has definitely sparked my curiosity, and I'm eager to delve into the book. Your insights have convinced me that it's a must-read, and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. Your review has inspired me to explore further.
Dominic Emezuru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Dominic Emezuru »

The book's organization makes it easy to find specific remedies or techniques for different stress triggers.
Ejoh Ebube
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Karmic Selling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejoh-ebube.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ejoh Ebube »

Highly recommend this book to anyone struggling with stress or anxiety.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”