Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nkem Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkem-blessing.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Nkem Blessing »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cynthia and Dan, by Dorothy May Mercer, is a book filled with suspense and romance. Cynthia Patterson is a chief security investigator for McBride in Washington, DC. She works with her brother Glenn and two other hired computer experts to tackle terrorists. She also works as a secretary for McBride. On a good day, a drone landed on the White House lawn. Along the way, Cynthia meets a charming young man named Sky Eastman, who seems to know more about her. After meeting and having a good time with each other, she seems to forget about her lover, Dan. How will Cynthia and her crew face this terrorist using social media and internet websites? How will she face Dan, her love? Read on and find out for yourself.

I like this book, as it got me reading to the end. Indeed filled with suspense. It was well detailed. The author, Dorothy May, did a very good job. The plot and characters of the book were properly developed. Although the book is action-filled, Cynthia and Sky play romantic roles. Glenn and his team, on the other hand, were more than what I expected while facing the terrorists. I like how smart Cynthia is at handling the cyberwar. The writing style of the book is simple and clear. I also like how the author presented the book. It looked so real, I couldn’t believe it was just fiction.

I think If the cover page had been given a better outfit, it could have looked better than it does. Although the book is really fascinating, does love at first sight really exist? Yes, it does. But how Cynthia quickly jumped into the arms of Sky Eastman is not really appropriate for me. Considering the fact that she barely knew who he was, her carefree attitude led to an unplanned pregnancy. Dan’s role in this book was not that impressive.

I find the book exceptionally well edited, as I found no grammatical errors. I learned that communication is vital in a relationship. How terrorists operate and the use of computers in tackling terrorists were greatly analyzed. Therefore, I rate this book 5 out of 5.

I recommend this book to lovers of romance and security agents. It is also good for people who love reading books filled with suspense, cyberwarfare, and terrorism. I will not recommend it to anyone under 18 years of age.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rickyclayton999
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pongila999.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Rickyclayton999 »

Well this book is amazing and you even made me want to read more of the book and it’s series. I appreciate your good review and I will like reading more from you. I look forward to more reviews from you. Nice job for the one you did here.
Silvia Idahosa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-idahosa.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Silvia Idahosa »

This was an interesting read for me. The plot was engaging and the characters were interesting to read. I also liked how the author presented Sky's character and how she revealed his identity later on. Nice review.
Collins Umunnakwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collins-umunnakwe.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Collins Umunnakwe »

A really nice review on the book, Cynthia and Dan. I believe we cannot undermine the efforts made to counter cyber attacks which is in the rise in a digitalized world. A nice one
MsChet Cherry
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

I enjoyed reading this book because of its thrilling contents.
Your review gave a very clear picture of the theme of the story. And I find that very interesting.
Well-done!
Helen Chizzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-chizzy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Helen Chizzy »

I recently reviewed this book and found it to be an interesting book although it has it's limitations. Beautiful review.
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Sheen Jenny »

Nice review. But I still wonder why that book is named Cynthia and dan when the story is barely about Dan.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Ibrahim Hammed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibrahim-hammed.html

Post by Ibrahim Hammed »

This amazing novel is one of the books I would re-read over and over again without getting bored. The storyline is amazing and I adore the author’s effort.
Kene Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kene-active.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Kene Active »

Your review has piqued my interest in the book. Your balanced assessment of the book's strengths and weaknesses makes it easier to make an informed decision about whether to read it. Thank you for such a thoughtful and well-written review.
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html

Post by Chee Amaka »

Cynthia and Dan is quite an interesting read. I love the fact that a good chemistry existed between Cynthia and Sky. They worked together as a team. Great review.
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

I wondered why Dan's name on the cover as he didn't have a great role in the book. He is lucky I guess.
Your review is well written and I enjoyed reading it.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Nkem Blessing wrote: 19 May 2023, 18:21 But how Cynthia quickly jumped into the arms of Sky Eastman is not really appropriate for me.
The whole Sky scene did not sit well with me either. It seemed out of character for someone like Cynthia, who was supposed to be security minded.

Thank you for your take on this read!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

A fast-paced thriller with lots of fascinating actions. This book indeed deserves a perfect 5-star rating

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”