Review of Man Mission

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Review of Man Mission

Post by Aswin3848 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission by Eytan Uliel provides the journey of four men who decide to make an annual pact of vacationing around the world. The book’s premise can be summarized in this one line. However, the journey they take every year is not going to be a simple one. It is filled with lots of adventures and unbelievable situations. Every journey culminates in an experience never to be forgotten.

The book's biggest positive is definitely its simple premise. Two men randomly throw around the idea of having an adventure trip every year, and the other two, at some point in time, follow the pursuit. The other positive aspect of the book is the setting of the adventure itself. The writer prepares us for the journey way before the actual experience starts, with maps at the start of the chapter indicating the route covered. He also develops a minor premise explaining where each character is in their personal life. Due to this kind of set-up, marriages, break-ups, and deaths related to all the characters are mentioned. In a way, this humanizes the four characters. Similarly, the vital statistics mentioned at the end of the chapter are a nice way of expressing the hardships faced by the characters. If I had to pick one story, it would be the New Zealand one.

I could not find any negative aspects in the book. It was exceptionally well edited with no visible errors, making the book’s reading smooth. The book is also a coming-of-age story for the protagonist in a completely different manner. It is a book from a man’s perspective. The women in the story act as bystanders, mostly with little to do. But the impact of their relationship with these men is enormous, as we can understand while reading the book. The family aspect in the book is like a steppingstone towards another adventure, and we are not complaining.

If you are a fan of books that celebrate male bonding and adventure or a fan of coming-of-age roller coaster rides, I recommend this one.

I would wholeheartedly give 5 out of 5 stars for this book. The premise is simple, but the adventure is not for the faint heated. You will love it.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

Books by men and for men, warm my heart because I feel that young men need so much guidance, love, and safe spaces. I will be buying this book for the males in my life. Great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”