Review of Final Notice

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fawmi FJumana
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fawmi-fjumana.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Final Notice

Post by Fawmi FJumana »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Do you wish to know when your last day on earth is?

Well, in the Final Notice, Dr. Vijay Patel has been researching an accurate and improved version of a sports watch. Hence, VT2 became a reality with much more advanced features than any device in the same category. VT2 is much more accurate than a doctor's opinion. The watch can analyze even the infinitesimal change in the blood and detect, diagnose, and even predict many health issues. And the key feature is that the watch can predict the user's final days with its analysis. 

On the other hand, the NRA is working to equip every citizen in the USA with a gun. They are offering a massive discount promotion targeting senior citizens. And with the VT2 alpha test group being senior citizens, what will happen when they receive their final notice and can access guns? Would they settle scores? Read this excellent fiction to find out.

The Final Notice by Van Fleisher is rich with crime, thrills, love, and action. The story follows the group of doctors who created this extraordinary device and the people who receive their final notices. At first, I was worried about following so many characters. But as the story flowed, it became clear that not all characters would stay until the end.

The characters in the story were all realistic and relatable. And they were so easily likable that I kept cheering for various characters at different parts. The story flowed smoothly and was easy to understand as well as enjoy. The author kept an element of thrill and suspense throughout the book, and it was hard to put down.

What I liked the most in the book were Trudi and Vince's characters. It was a joy to read how they were so in love, even at their age, and how they wanted to reconnect with the world. I also loved Trudi and Vince's spirit of helping others and wanting to make a change. And another character I loved was Dr. Vijay Patel. I loved how he worked through the massive number of deaths and the effect they could have on his product. And also, his relaxed, fun, and straightforward type of character was fun to read. And I also loved the author's writing style, with its light tone and humour, along with the serious themes he used in the book.

There was absolutely nothing I disliked about the book at all. And in my reading, I found only two minor mistakes. So, I could say the book was professionally edited. Considering I have nothing negative to say about the book, I rate the Final Notice five out five stars. And I recommend the book to an open-minded audience because the book shows some themes from different perspectives. And I would say if you are pro-gun or sensitive towards school shootings, you better not pick up this book.

Final Notice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Thank you for the wonderful review! It is great that you liked it and also enjoyed reading about the two characters. A death predicting watch and discounted guns all targeting senior citizens. This should be intriguing. I'm kind of incline to read but still a bit worried on the death part, but it sounds thrilling.
Fawmi FJumana
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Fawmi FJumana »

Kavita Shah wrote: 06 Jun 2023, 00:07 Thank you for the wonderful review! It is great that you liked it and also enjoyed reading about the two characters. A death predicting watch and discounted guns all targeting senior citizens. This should be intriguing. I'm kind of incline to read but still a bit worried on the death part, but it sounds thrilling.
I'd say you should read it as it's intriguing and interesting. ThaThank you so much for stopping by :tiphat:
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

The book may be not my favorite type of reading. But I really enjoyed reading your review, it was detailed and you successfully detect the right audience. Well done
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

If ever the VT2 will release in the future, in reality, there will be so much pressure. While it has advantages, it constitutes disadvantages as well, especially in the access to guns. Hmm, I wish the concept of the book will not come into reality. Your review is amazing, Fawmi!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Fawmi FJumana
Currently Reading:

Post by Fawmi FJumana »

Sarah Zain wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 08:29 The book may be not my favorite type of reading. But I really enjoyed reading your review, it was detailed and you successfully detect the right audience. Well done
Thank you :tiphat:
Fawmi FJumana
Currently Reading:

Post by Fawmi FJumana »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 15:50 If ever the VT2 will release in the future, in reality, there will be so much pressure. While it has advantages, it constitutes disadvantages as well, especially in the access to guns. Hmm, I wish the concept of the book will not come into reality. Your review is amazing, Fawmi!
I wish the same too.. even if no access to guns there's still a much disadvantages with this concept. And thank you Hazel :tiphat:
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

You are welcome, Fawmi!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I liked Trudi and Vince as well. They were faced with some difficult decisions..
Shally Z
Currently Reading: The Happiness Project
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shally-z.html
Latest Review: Things that bite in the Night by Deborah Tant
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Shally Z »

This is an interesting idea for a book and I want to read this. I wonder how well things go with wearing the watch and everyone owning guns... Thanks for your detailed review!
Fawmi FJumana
Currently Reading:

Post by Fawmi FJumana »

Amy Luman wrote: 10 Jun 2023, 14:59 I liked Trudi and Vince as well. They were faced with some difficult decisions..
I like them as well. And they took the best decisions ultimately. Thank you for stopping by Amy.
Fawmi FJumana
Currently Reading:

Post by Fawmi FJumana »

Shally Z wrote: 10 Jun 2023, 16:14 This is an interesting idea for a book and I want to read this. I wonder how well things go with wearing the watch and everyone owning guns... Thanks for your detailed review!
I can say the watch and guns are not a perfect match. I hope you enjoy the book. Thank you too!!
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Fawmi Jumana wrote: 19 May 2023, 23:01 At first, I was worried about following so many characters. But as the story flowed, it became clear that not all characters would stay until the end.
Yes, at some point this reality hits home while reading the story. :D I enjoyed this book as well. It showed a perfect storm of revenge and gun violence that, sadly, is mirrored in today's headlines in the US. Thank you for your excellent take on this read.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

The thought of being able to find out your time of death is scary. I bet the stress it causes alone can cause an early heart attack. I enjoyed reading your review very much, Fawmi. It's perfectly detailed and analysed. You did an amazing job!
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I see this book is packed with a lot of action. Thank you very much for this review, it makes me think that I can enjoy reading, I hope to read it soon.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”