Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kene Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kene-active.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Kene Active »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Do you know those cases in movies where tours turn to wars? That is the case in this book by Dorothy May Mercer.

Kelly and Tom were having the time of their just-married life, touring Honduras. After spending so much time trying to select a place for their honeymoon, Kelly picked a Caribbean island whose price was within their budget. One day, the newlyweds went separate ways to continue their tour. Sergeant Tom Turbulo, the new groom, went out with the dive boat to explore coral reefs. Kelly took an excursion bus around the island to stroll through shops and local venues. The tour director gave a 20-minute break with a warning to stay close to the bus. However, Kelly wandered off out of curiosity. She checked a gift shop, hoping to buy gifts for her mother, mother-in-law, nephews, and nieces. Unknowing to her, the shop deceptively hiding a strange high-tech lab behind. Not regarding the warning sign she saw inside, she proceeded into the lab and got caught. Besides, she had figured out that her country had become vulnerable to attack. What kind of attack is it? Who were the American enemies? How did she escape the hands of her attackers? Read E M P Honeymoon: Kelly and Tom by Dorothy May Mercer and be taken on an adventure.

The author was conversant with military expressions. I admired the author’s writing style and articulation. The characters were well developed; everyone had roles or contributions to the declared mission. The book explored science, crime investigation, and adventure. It also promoted good values. Some examples are patriotism, friendship, family bond, and teamwork.

There was nothing to dislike about this book. It was not lengthy. My favorite part was Dr. Peter Kinney’s interview, where I learned the meaning of EMP. Steve also did his job well as a spy. I found no errors while reading this book; it was exceptionally well-edited. Therefore, I rate it five out of five stars.

I recommend this book to lovers of adventure, science, and criminal investigations.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Helen Chizzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-chizzy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Helen Chizzy »

It is quite frightening to discover a plot to thwart national peace on one's honeymoon. I would love to read this book to find out how Kelly and her husband tackle this problem. Exciting review.
Sheen Jenny
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Sheen Jenny »

Nice . Your review is intriguing. I loved how you gave a synopsis of the book. Kind of made me want to read the book.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

The fact that "EMP Honeymoon: Kelly and Tom" explores science, crime investigation, and adventure is a testament to its multifaceted nature. Books that offer a blend of genres often have a wider appeal, catering to readers with various interests.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

That was so patriotic of Kelly and Tom. EMP Honeymoon was a good read, I must confess. Thanks for a well-written review.
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Jane Honda »

I haven't read this book yet but then one thing I must acknowledge for sure is the coherency and flow of this review. you did a brilliant job thank you for that.
Uchechi uk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechi-uk.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Uchechi uk »

I guess that this book is an example of curiosity kills the cat. Is Kelly able to come out from that mess. I am looking forward to reading this book to find out. Amazing review.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

Interesting... So Kelly discovers a terrorists attack on her country. However, I wonder if she is caught and endangered since she wandered into a dangerous place. I am looking forward to reading this book.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

The book is not the usual every day book. I look forward to finding the answers to all these questions and how there honeymoon later ended. Wonderful review well-done.
Christian Kay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christian-kay.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis

Post by Christian Kay »

It was by sheer coincidence Kelly stumbled across that high tech lab, and that single encounter, made it possible for them to save a whole country, sincerely I commend her actions, it was brave and patriotic.
Nice review.
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

Tom and Kelly's honeymoon didn't really as planned. I enjoyed the actions in this book. It was a great read for me
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Robert Andrew »

I love this book so much. The review effectively captures the essence of the book, highlighting its adventurous and thrilling nature. The setup of a honeymoon turning into a war-like situation adds intrigue and tension to the story, enticing readers to delve into the narrative.
Susan John Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-john-peter.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Susan John Peter »

the two couples did an amazing job on this book. The reviewer acknowledges the author's proficiency in military expressions, which adds authenticity and credibility to the storytelling. The well-developed characters, each with their roles and contributions, demonstrate the author's skill in crafting a diverse and engaging cast.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

The book's exploration of science, crime investigation, and adventure is commended, as it offers readers a multifaceted reading experience. Additionally, the promotion of good values such as patriotism, friendship, family bonds, and teamwork adds depth and relatability to the story
Nwojiji Victor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwojiji-victor.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Nwojiji Victor »

I found the pacing of this book to be perfect. It kept me engaged from beginning to end. The characters in this book were so well-developed and relatable. I felt like I knew them personally.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”