Review of Devil in False Colors

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of Devil in False Colors

Post by Uche Active »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil in False Colors" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

For over seven centuries, the fight between the Arabs and the Jews still lingers. It has spread like bad blood to other countries. Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick is another sequel in this series that further reflects the activities of the Arab nations and Islam tribes against the Jews.

After Patrolman Ed Henderson runs over to check the reason for a scream nearby, he discovers, to his shock, the bodies of five mutilated children. Also found at the crime scene was a note warning the US and the Jews. Patrolman Ed Henderson sends information, and immediately the FBI takes up the matter for investigation. Soon enough, the FBI contacts Lara Edmond to go undercover and help discover the perpetrators. The team also brings in Uri Levin, which makes the two lovers see each other again. Read this book to find out how the team investigated the homicide.

Devil in False Colors is a fictional novel by Jack Winnick. It is the third sequence in the Lara and Uri series. The book features crime, investigation, terrorism, warfare, and undercover operations. It also has some historical elements. Even though the book is a work of fiction, it has a historical background. The author based this story on the never-ending attacks by Arab nations on Israel. For years, the Arab nations have frequently launched attacks on Israel and have never failed to identify themselves, their work, and their aim. They have infiltrated other countries and continents. For example, the author mentioned the expansion of another terrorist organization called Boko Haram in Nigeria and Africa.

The author created strong, dynamic, and formidable characters that have become popular in Lara and Uri. Through these protagonists and other supporting characters like Captain Mike, we see how much effort the US has put into curbing terrorism in its state and other states. We also see the nations that oppose the US’s continuous support of Israel. The book has a superb plot that contains twists, turns, complications, and undercover investigations. The book also has a thought-provoking title. It will make anyone who looks at the book for the first time wonder and ask who the devil is. The book has an intriguing cover page that incorporates and showcases the three major countries involved in this book’s drama.

There’s nothing to dislike about this book. The author was thoughtful enough to add the meaning of any strange word, like words in languages other than English. The author structured the book into short chapters. It made the story more thrilling and easy to read. For these positive reasons, I rate this book five out of five stars. The book was also professionally edited, as I found one error while reading. I enjoyed every minute I spent reading this book. I can’t wait to read the next sequence in this series.

I recommend this book to lovers of fictional novels and novels on crime and investigation. It is important to note that the book contains some sexual scenes, violence, and profanity. Therefore, children should avoid this book.

Devil in False Colors
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Noble Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noble-reads.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Noble Reads »

Because this book is part of the Lara and Uri's series, I like it already. This series has a storyline that contains elements of crime and thriller which I'm a good fan of. I appreciate the author's work.
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

This is a nice book. I must say. This story brings back a lot of similiarities with a movie I've watched. It's amazing story line. I'm happy to have read it.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

It's great to hear that the author has created strong and dynamic characters. Lara and Uri, along with supporting characters like Captain Mike, sound like they add depth and richness to the narrative. It's always enjoyable to follow well-developed characters through a thrilling plot, and it seems like this book delivers on that front.
MsChet Cherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

Lara and Uri's series appear to be mind blowing.
I would like to know how they uncovered the criminals involved in the killing of the innocent kids.
Thanks for the awesome review.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

This story was crafted by the author, drawing inspiration from the persistent onslaughts of Arab nations against Israel. Over the course of many years, these nations have consistently initiated attacks on Israel, leaving no room for ambiguity regarding their identity, actions, or objectives. Additionally, they have managed to infiltrate various countries and continents.
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Jane Honda »

This series is sure an engaging one one thing that is exceptional about the author is the vivid writing style which gives no room for confusion.
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Sheen Jenny »

"Devil in False Colors takes readers on a thrilling journey through crime, investigation, and undercover operations, while weaving in historical elements based on the ongoing conflict between Arab nations and Israel. Jack Winnick's masterful storytelling keeps you engaged from start to finish."
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Jessica Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-azuka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Jessica Azuka »

What??? This book seems to mirror our catastrophic society, filled with terrorists. I really would love to see those criminals rounded up. I am looking forward to reading this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”