Review of Just Die

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nancy004
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review of Just Die

Post by Nancy004 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Just Die" by E Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

What if you were granted a superpower that would make you the most powerful person on Earth? This fascinating concept forms the core of Just Die by E. Alan Fleischauer. The story revolves around the protagonist, Jake Silver, who undergoes a sudden stroke one day. To his surprise, upon awakening, he discovers an extraordinary ability: by simply pointing at someone and uttering the words 'just die,' that person meets a swift demise.

This newfound power brings with it both advantages and disadvantages. Jake finds himself under constant police surveillance, and everyone, including the CIA and even the President of the United States, is vying for his allegiance. In order to navigate these treacherous waters, Jake must make wise choices, as a single misstep could lead to unending trouble from which he may never escape. Furthermore, Jake grapples with the ethical dilemma surrounding his powers. Will he use them for the betterment of others or succumb to the temptation of personal gain?

I wholeheartedly rate this book 5/5, as it captivated me in every way. Just Die is a true page-turner, featuring short, gripping chapters that keep readers on the edge of their seats until the very end. The story not only tests Jake's moral compass but also compels readers to consider their own values in the face of unimaginable power. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, and it left me contemplating what I would do if bestowed with such a tremendous ability.

One aspect I particularly loved about the book was the deep bond of friendship between the three main protagonists and their extended families. Despite knowing each other for only a few months, their instant connection and unwavering support resonated deeply with me. Moreover, the text is impeccably edited, with only a couple of minor errors, demonstrating the author's attention to detail.

There is absolutely nothing that I dislike about this book, warranting a perfect score. I highly recommend it to readers who relish fast-paced adventure stories. However, I must caution that the book contains scenes of violence, strong language, suicide, homicide, and drug overdose. Therefore, individuals sensitive to such content and minors should approach this book with caution.

In conclusion, Just Die is an enthralling read, combining an intriguing premise with compelling characters and thought-provoking themes. With its flawless pacing and skillful storytelling, this book is sure to captivate and leave readers pondering the limits of power and the choices one makes when confronted with it.

Just Die
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
ViviVivid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

A well-written review that captures all the important details. Thank you for the insightful review!
Nancy004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Nancy004 »

ViviVivid wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 15:16 A well-written review that captures all the important details. Thank you for the insightful review!
Thank you for the appreciation! :tiphat:
Muskan Afzal-
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-afzal.html
Latest Review: Chasing Dragons between Dimensions by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by Muskan Afzal- »

Your review helps me in finding my next read. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”