Review of The Seventh Spark

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Achor Chinemerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-achor-chinemerem.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling

Review of The Seventh Spark

Post by Achor Chinemerem »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Seventh Spark" by J.B. Lion.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever come across those books that give you the creeps as you read them? This book is just like that. It starts ominously and keeps me in fearful awe as I read. In the end, I am thankful that it is all a fantasy story.
Since the beginning, before man understood the concept of counting time, two sides have always been at war with each other. A constant raging battle between good and evil. But this time, who will win? Who would be left the loser, bloody, badly beaten, and defeated? JB Lion brings to us another masterpiece in his graphic novel, The Seventh Spark: Knights of the Trinity. A remarkably detailed novel that not only tantalizes your imagination but transports you to the realm of man, angels, and the forces of hell. The book introduces us to the Twelve Knights of the Trinity. They are special angels who have been charged with protecting the seven stones the creator had embedded in the earth while battling the demons and fallen angels.

I liked how interesting it was as the author took me on an artistic journey. It was such that each turn of the pages, brought to life characters defined by such well-thought-out descriptions that allow the reader to be drawn to them. From the rustle of the leaves as the wind rushes through the trees, to the clanging of swords by the angels as they wage war against evil. The headings of the chapters were intriguing. They sparked interest in me to know more about the story to be told.

I liked a lot of things about the book. The structure, the plot, and others. But I disliked the scary pictures and colored background. The colored background and the layout of the book made it appear as though it was a children's book. Whereas, the theme of the book was too strong for young children. While the pictures added more flare to the book, some might find them frightening.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I found no errors. It was exceptionally well-edited. The author did well in the book's creativity and fine storytelling. The fascinating headings in the book might keep a reader reading. The pictures added more color to the book. However, not all might appreciate the pictures and the book's colored layout. I wouldn't recommend this to little children. Even though the book looked like a comic book. I would rather recommend it to adults and older teenagers who love comics and graphic novels.

The Seventh Spark
View: on Bookshelves
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

This book sounds interesting. However, I don't like books about the devil, demons, and God. There's always an opinion or idea that I don't agree with. Good review.
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

Angels, demons, the creator. Alright, the story the author weaves will tell if I enjoy reading the book. I like your detailed review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”