Review of The Date Farm

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Yuna Chang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yuna-chang.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of The Date Farm

Post by Yuna Chang »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Date Farm, written by Jack Winnick, is a riveting story filled with fire, suspense, and brutality. The story begins at a Los Angeles retail mall that has been polluted by a terrifying terrorist event. The evil deeds of a ten-member armed gang resulted in the slaughter of countless innocent victims, cleverly interspersed with their own deaths to cover their traces. A cataclysmic event like this threw the entire country into shock and apprehension. A subsequent incident occurred in the midst of this upheaval, involving an attack on a New York financial institution, an infringement on its security, and the destruction of a satellite. As the country remained in turmoil, two couples, Lara and Uri, who were enjoying a reprieve and their nuptial stay in Ohio, were recruited to assist the government's investigative efforts. Lara and Uri, accomplished counterterrorism investigators, go out on a difficult mission: catch the terrorists and reveal the puppeteer behind the scenes. Can they apprehend the criminals and decipher their evil intentions? Discover enlightenment within the captivating pages of this book.

The author's eloquent and extraordinary words enthralled my senses, leaving me astounded by the storyline's astute structuring. There was not a single moment of boredom in my reading experience from beginning to end. The gap between the book's surface and the complexities of its plot caught me off guard. I must agree that using Iranian and Arabic vocabulary was a little difficult, but it never hindered my comprehension. The work emanates an acute feeling of verisimilitude, eloquently depicting the ever-looming phantom of danger, capable of striking us when least expected and in any location. Furthermore, it sheds light on the perpetration of violence, a repeating phenomenon in our daily lives, with a focus on recent malicious acts committed on American soil. The characters were quite distinct, evolving greatly over the course of the story. It sparked a desire in me for every agent in my homeland to embody Lara and Uri's valor, fortitude, perseverance, and sagacity.

Among the various elements, it is the violence depicted within the book that evokes the greatest disquiet within me. I harbor a slight discontent regarding the author's inclination to cast an intensified spotlight upon it. Nevertheless, I recognize the author's intent to immerse the reader fully in the unfolding drama, although I would have preferred a more restrained portrayal of such violent scenes, as some readers may have experienced similar traumas.

The novel has a superbly constructed composition, complete with all the essential accessories, in terms of artistry. It deserves a rating of 5 out of 5 stars because it has no visible defects and was exceptionally well-edited. Although I would not recommend this book to younger readers owing to its violent material, I fully recommend it to fans of action, suspense, and thriller literature, as well as dramatic storylines.

The Date Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ayilaran Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayilaran-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Ayilaran Emmanuel »

This story has a great deal of interest. I'm curious how Uri and Lara handled the fresh message they got while on vacation.
Superb review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”