Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dr. Grant Taylor lodged in a hotel called Angleterre while Irina, who was an assistant and niece to Randall's attorney Boris, brought cleaners to clean his uncle Randall's apartment. Fred G. Baker centers his story mostly on Grant, Boris, Irina, Max, and Randall in his book Zona: The Forbidden Land, with Grant being the main character. Grant was still contemplating whether he should sell off his uncle's property or live in it before he was confronted by Oleg Godunov at the bar, who told him he knew what had happened on his uncle's last expedition. This raised concern for Grant as he was wandering about the news that he had just heard from Godunov: could his uncle Randall still be alive, or was Godunov deceiving him? What danger lies ahead in the land where his uncle disappeared? Purchasing a readable copy of this book will enlighten you as you uncover the mystery behind Randall's disappearance and the possible dangers in the land where he disappeared.

The story stretches on to how Grant was involved in the second expedition to Zona, where his uncle had disappeared a year ago. This made me think of him as a selfless person, as he left everything behind, even the inheritance assigned to him by his uncle, to go on the expedition in honor of his uncle since he never had a chance to go on any expedition with him before he went missing.

I loved how courageous Grant was and his sense of reason. As he thought of the dangers ahead of him, he also thought that his uncle would have done the same if he were in his position. He was my favorite character in this book, and I admired his survival instincts as he learned to survive and adapt to any situation they found themselves in. I also admired his leadership behavior, even though he never seemed to recognize it. The maps shown at the beginning of this book were also what I adored, as they gave an insight into Zona, the land they went on an expedition to.

This book has been enjoyable and interesting for me, and I found nothing to hate about it. Also, I didn't encounter any errors while reading, which means this is an exceptionally well-edited book. I couldn't wait to read the next page or chapter because of how intriguing and engaging it was; therefore, I give it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to lovers of adventure, science exploration, and discoveries, as they will love its content.

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

This is by far one of the most adventurous books I've read. It's storyline was just amazing, like stated in this review. I liked Irina a lot though.
Anil G
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

This book is my next read and I got a glimpse of how engaging it'll be for me through your review. Thank you for this amazing review.
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Kene Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kene-active.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Kene Active »

I wonder if Grant will be successful in his mission to Zona. Your review is so composed, well-written and intruiging. I hope to read too.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”