Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekaete Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

E M P Honeymoon is a 252-page fiction novel with 16 chapters written by Dorothy May Mercer. This book is an electrifying and intense post-apocalyptic thriller that takes readers on a heart-pounding journey through a world devastated by an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) event. Blending elements of survival, romance, and suspense, this book delivers a gripping narrative that keeps readers on the edge of their seats from start to finish. 

One of the standout features of this book is its vivid and realistic portrayal of a post-EMP world. Mercer's attention to detail and thorough research is evident as she describes the devastating effects of the EMP event on modern technology and infrastructure. The chaos, desperation, and struggle for survival are palpable, creating a sense of urgency that propels the story forward. 

I liked many things about this book, the first being how the characters are well-developed and relatable, allowing readers to become emotionally invested in their journey. The main protagonists, Tom and Kelly, are thrown into a harsh and unforgiving world, testing their resilience and love for one another. Their determination to find safety and build a future together in the face of overwhelming odds adds compelling emotional depth to the story. The author's writing style is fast-paced and immersive, capturing the gritty reality of survival in a post-apocalyptic landscape. The tension and suspense are expertly maintained throughout, with unexpected twists and turns that keep readers guessing. The author's ability to create a palpable sense of danger and uncertainty adds to the book's overall intensity. 

Another thing I liked about this book was its romantic element, which provides a welcome respite from the harsh realities of the post-EMP world. Tom and Kelly's relationship is tender and authentic, providing hope and strength amidst the chaos. Their love story adds a touch of warmth and humanity to the narrative, showcasing the power of love and connection even in the most dire circumstances. I also loved how the book primarily focuses on survival and action; it also touches upon important themes such as resilience, trust, and the fragility of civilization. The book prompts readers to reflect on the vulnerability of our modern world and the potential consequences of a technological collapse, making it both a thrilling read and a thought-provoking exploration of human nature. 

The only thing I disliked about this book was how I was confused during the televised meeting with Dr. Kinney, where he was talking about some physics terms. I rate this book four out of five stars because of my dislike, as mentioned above. I did not find any errors, which means it was exceptionally well-edited. If you enjoy action-packed tales of survival, suspense, and a touch of romance, this book is a must-read.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jully omondi
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange trial
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jully-omondi.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Jully omondi »

I am currently reading this book, and I love your plot's summary.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Dorothy's books are always intriguing. The fact that Kelly and Tom are pursuing a case during their honeymoon is quite commendable.
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Jane Honda »

This is an intriguing crime thriller with alot of themes. First I love the plot setting and the characters they were vibrant also you review was detailed I applaud you for that.
Kene Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kene-active.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Kene Active »

I have read this book too but I must commend your review. I like the way you analysed the book and the honesty about your dislike. Nice review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This novel was quite interesting but the suspense and action was not good enough for what the plot means. Your review is well written.
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

I think I agree with you that the televised meeting was confusing. I was trying to comprehend the meeting myself, but it was a little bit difficult. Great review.
Jesse Shon Voyamba
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesse-shon-voyamba.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Jesse Shon Voyamba »

I was left in awe of the amount of hard work the author invested into this book. Putting together such body of work requires extra research.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer follows Tom and Kelly as they are on an island for their honeymoon before they are met with suspected terrorist threats to the United States.
Oluebube Prisca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluebube-prisca.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluebube Prisca »

From your review I am curious if this is a post war book. But still I love when a couple is able to fight together and overcome the odds that threatens their honeymoon.
Udegbunam Miriam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miami-liam.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Udegbunam Miriam »

"Blending elements of survival, romance, and suspense, this book delivers a gripping narrative that keeps readers on the edge of their seats from start to finish." This statement in your review makes me want to read this book. Interesting review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”