Review of Final Act

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Review of Final Act

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Act" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Final Act by Van Fleisher is an enthralling thriller that deftly weaves together the threads of suspense, technology, and the enigma of fate. Set against a backdrop of impending doom and the intricate web of human relationships, this novel grabs readers' attention from the first page and refuses to let go. 

At the heart of the story lies Vijay Patel, an ingenious inventor who introduces the world to the revolutionary VT2 watch, capable of predicting the exact time of a person's death. As the concept of this timepiece unfolds, so does a moral and ethical dilemma that plagues society and individuals. Fleisher brilliantly explores such an invention's profound implications, delving into themes of destiny, free will, and the fragile nature of life itself. 

There are indeed many things that are attractive in this book. The characters are richly developed and multifaceted, facing their demons and grappling with the weight of knowing their fate. With his visionary brilliance, Vijay Patel emerges as a central figure, torn between the desire to improve lives and the burden of his creation. The author portrays his internal struggle with great empathy, leaving readers to ponder the consequences of meddling with the certainty of time.

Another thing I liked about this book was that the author's writing style is smooth and engaging, effortlessly transitioning between various perspectives and seamlessly integrating technological concepts into the narrative. The story's pacing is well-maintained, with a consistent build-up of tension and a series of unforeseen twists that keep the reader on edge. The author's attention to detail is commendable, adding authenticity to the world he has crafted and making the story all the more believable. What sets this novel apart is its ability to provoke thought and raise pertinent questions about the nature of destiny. Fleisher skillfully explores the intricate connections between the characters and how knowledge of their imminent demise shapes their actions and relationships. The ethical dilemmas the characters face evoke introspection, forcing readers to confront their perspectives on mortality and the boundaries of science. 

The only thing I disliked about this book was that there are moments when the narrative feels slightly dense, with detailed explanations of scientific concepts that may slow down the pace for some readers. While the scientific foundation adds depth to the story, a more balanced approach could have enhanced the reading experience. I rate this book four out of five stars because of my dislike, as stated above. I did not find any errors, which means it was exceptionally well-edited. I recommend this book to those who enjoy suspense, ethical problems, and technological intrigue. This book is undoubtedly worth your attention. 

Final Act
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Olivia Reads
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivia-reads.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Olivia Reads »

I love the beginning of your review. It's sophisticated and eye-catching. Final Act is definitely a novel I look forward to reading. I wonder what the world would be like if such technology truly existed.
Olivia Reads
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivia-reads.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Olivia Reads »

I love the beginning of your review. It's sophisticated and eye-catching. Final Act is definitely a novel I look forward to reading. I wonder what the world would be like if such technology truly existed.
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

This watch is really a surprise to me. When I read the book, I found the watch to be amusing and fascinating at the same time. Nice review.
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Jane Honda »

Final Act is an interesting story for me I feel more connected to the deeper lessons which talks about the heart of men with regards to their fellow humans. Aside the actions there was alot to learn
Jesse Shon Voyamba
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesse-shon-voyamba.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Jesse Shon Voyamba »

I can imagine what it is like for someone to know the exact date he/she would die. Your review has made me to love the book already. Would want to read it and see how the themes of free will and morality were infused into the story.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

I imagine having a watch that predicts when someone will die. The world will be in chaos if there is something like that. Thanks for a lovely review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

Thank God this thing is fictional. If it had been real, a lot of bad things will be happening daily with no one to hold responsible because they know their days are up.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

This book's plot sounds like a horror movie that i watched. A watched that is able to predict when someone will down, now that is an intriguing plot. I am looking forward to reading this book.
Oluebube Prisca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluebube-prisca.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluebube Prisca »

This book reminds me of a movie with a similar concept. But the thing is that even though it might seem good to know when we are to die. But there should be a boundary in science that is best left alone.
Udegbunam Miriam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miami-liam.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Udegbunam Miriam »

I like books that grab readers' attention and maintain it. Vijay Patel is indeed a genius to be able to produce the VT2 watch that can tell the wearer when they will die. Interesting review.
Raphael Raymondd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raphael-raymondd.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Raphael Raymondd »

The author's prose is exquisite, painting vivid landscapes and crafting unforgettable characters. This is a nice review and very inspirational.
Vivian Onwuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-onwuka.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Vivian Onwuka »

The plot is a delicate balance of suspense and introspection, compelling me to ponder the complexities of life and human relationships.
Nwojiji Victor
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwojiji-victor.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Nwojiji Victor »

The author's meticulous research is evident in every detail, transporting the reader to a different era with authenticity and depth.
Anabel Mack
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anabel-mack.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Anabel Mack »

Final Act is a really interesting read that would engage many young readers as that's what young people like. Nice review, I look forward to more.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”