Review of Nightlord: Sunset

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Review of Nightlord: Sunset

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Most people, especially children, have wild dreams about life while growing up. Some dream of becoming Superman, Spider-Man, and so many more, but all these are just mere fantasies. What if you wake up one day to find out that you will not be able to see the face of sunlight again because you are now a vampire? That is a reality you will have to face.

Eric is a professor who does not have magic powers. His girlfriend, or would I say ex-fiancée, just broke up with him, and he went to a bar to find happiness in drinks. A woman named Sasha saw Eric in the club and took him home because he looked like her deceased husband, who was killed by an enemy.

The next morning, Eric woke up feeling a bit strange after he found himself in the comfort of a strange woman's bed and asked the woman what he was doing there and why he was feeling different. Sasha reveals to him that he is now a vampire and that his new power also comes with some enemies, which he has to face. Get Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited to know how Eric adapted to the new changes in his life.

The book has a lot of positive aspects, starting in the first chapter when Eric is changed into a vampire without his consent. I believed that it was his destiny, and he had to follow it up to fulfill it. I liked the gradual growth of the storyline and the characters, and nothing seemed rushed while I was reading. The suspense was perfect, and I don't feel it was overdone in any way. Eric, as a character, was also smart and strong, and I feel he faced these challenges like a man.

The only thing that seemed to put me off a bit was the length of the book. It was lengthy, and I believe that for a series book with other parts, it would have been better to make each of them a bit shorter. Because of this, I would rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I didn't encounter any errors while reading this book, and this shows that Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited was edited perfectly. I recommend this book to people who like light vampire movies with a touch of action and romance.

Nightlord: Sunset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sandra Osita-Orah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-ebere-ent.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Sandra Osita-Orah »

I feel that Eric's transformation from a normal human being to a vampire was a fresh start for him, though the new start came with danger and conflict. I don't think he has an option again.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Reapers Dance by Dr. Ravi R Iyer

Post by Veronica Hunter »

The author, Garon Whited, skillfully weaves a captivating tale of unexpected transformation and supernatural challenges in "Nightlord: Sunset.
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

I am very much awaited to read this book, Your review motivated me to read this book ASAP. The way you inculcated the details of the book in a very clear manner is impressive. Thank you

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”