Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jimmy Cyprian
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Zona: The Forbidden Land is a thrilling mystery book written by acclaimed author Fred G. Baker. The book centers on the life of a lecturer, Dr. Taylor Grant, who learns about the assumed death of his adventurous uncle, Randall, and is forced to leave the U.S. for Russia to begin an investigation of his uncle's mysterious disappearance, as he doesn't believe that he is dead. Along the way, he makes new friends and foes as they all learn about his uncle's immediate past trip to a place in Siberia called Zona. They begin to uncover many secrets about the mysterious and dangerous land of Zona. However, will they make it out alive? Grab a copy to find out!

I love how the author wrote about the adventures of the team in Zona in a highly descriptive and immersive manner. His superb descriptions of the places they visited went on to paint a vivid picture of the rugged landscape and the dangers that lie within it. I also enjoyed Dr. Grant's relationship with the wolves; the way he became friends with them, got protected from the attacks of the devouring lions, and also got a heads-up about oncoming danger was really interesting to read. Another interesting aspect is the characters; they are well-developed and realistic. I love how I was able to feel their fear each time they were faced with a new danger.

I have nothing negative to say about this book. I must commend the way it seamlessly blends elements of fantasy and adventure into a cohesive and engaging story. The fact that Grant can communicate with the wolves even when he isn't with them using a telepathic connection is mind-blowing. At a point, I began to wish that Zona was a real place and not a work of fiction. I mean, who wouldn't want to see wolves who could talk and plants that could do wonders for one's health?

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because I fell in love with how the pacing of the story is perfectly balanced; it's neither slow nor fast. Also, the author must have taken his time to edit the book, as I was unable to find any errors while I read it. It truly deserves a perfect rating.

Zona: The Forbidden Land is a well-written and exciting adventure story that will appeal to fans of adventure, fantasy, romance, and action. I'd recommend the book only to readers over the age of 16 due to the presence of some sex scenes.

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Praiyz Pearlumie Olushegun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praiyz-pearlumie-olushegun.html
Latest Review: Because He Loved Us by Sharon Williams

Post by Praiyz Pearlumie Olushegun »

I love the relationship between Dr Grant and the wolves,the way he protected them, I love how detailed this review is.
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Sarah Zain »

Your enjoyment of reading the book is clear in your review. The story of the book seems carefully written. It is good to find a book of fiction with consistent events and at the same time interesting.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

Well done for this suspenseful review. I am keen to read the book to see what Dr. Grant uncovered in the search of his uncle.
MsChet Cherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

This is one of the most appealing reviews I've read about this book. It created a well-enticing description of the story.
I'll definitely go for it.
Well-done!
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

Hmmm, this review makes the book look intriguing. This is the kind of book where you'll think you know everything about someone only to realize that you don't know them at all when you start digging up. I'll love to read it soon.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse by Tim Ferguson

Post by Obc Contentor »

Just like other reviews about this book I've read, the plot descriptions do sound interesting because of its adventurous nature. I hope Grant could find his missing uncle again.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Zona was a great book. I like Fred G Bakers vivid descriptions of the land Zona. However, Taylor Grant was not a likeable character though. I didnt like his promiscuity.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

Zona is an interesting sci-fi novel. I like how expressive the author was, from the landscape to the characters to the different event. I love the unity among some of the characters. Well done!
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

Grant's relationship with the wolves made the book more interesting, the team members cooperated among themselves, which is commendable. This story will interest those who love a combination of discovery, romance, violence, and threat.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

Similar to other reviews I've encountered, the plot descriptions of this book indeed sound captivating due to its adventurous nature. I share your hope that Grant will successfully locate his missing uncle once again.
Silvia Idahosa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-idahosa.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Silvia Idahosa »

The fact that Grant can communicate with the wolves even when he isn't with them using a telepathic connection is mind-blowing. At a point, I began to wish that Zona was a real place and not a work of fiction.
Telepathic connection between Grant and the wolves? That would be a sight to behold. Maybe they should create a movie out of this book just so we can see it. This book seems like an interesting read. Well done!
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

Relationship with wolves! That sounds like an interesting adventure. I love the uniqueness of your review and I'm looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Olivia Reads
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivia-reads.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Olivia Reads »

Your review definitely sparks my interest to read the book. Could Uncle Randall be dead? And what could possibly explain his disappearance? Nice review!
Kene Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kene-active.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Kene Active »

It must be adventurous to Zona. I wonder if Randall was still alive and hope Grant is successful in his mission. This is a really nice and intruiging review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”