Review of The Date Farm

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mariamm Ibrahim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariamm-ibrahim.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S. Lee

Review of The Date Farm

Post by Mariamm Ibrahim »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

There will always be good individuals prepared to oppose terrorism as long as it persists in our society. There will always be those who are willing to risk everything, including their lives, and when terrorism occurs, they will be there no matter what, just like Uri and Lara in Jack Winnick's book The Date Farm

Now that they are a couple, Uri and Lara reside in Israel. They came back to the country during their leave and lived at Lara's Ohio family house. Over 100 people were killed in a mass shooting at a Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, shopping center. As a result, Lara and Uri must go back to work and lead an investigation that has repercussions across the country. They don't have much to work with since the terrorists committed suicide after carrying out the atrocity. Will Lara and Uri be successful in identifying this terrorist plot? Read this book to find out for yourself. 

I enjoyed the book since it was skillfully written and had a well-paced narrative that kept the reader interested in the plot from start to finish. Action, suspense, and emotion are expertly balanced, and the characters are likable. I also like how the author described the hardships of the circumstances without resorting to graphic language. It's easy to follow the action because the book is broken into parts that focus on different characters and settings. The Date Farm is, all in all, a page-turning, thought-provoking book that will keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end.

This book presented me with a few issues. I didn't enjoy how the other characters' scenes were mainly centered on Lara and Uri because they didn't seem to have much of a past. Additionally, I found several of the scenes to be too sensitive because the violence was excessive, and I became frustrated while reading them.

I will rate this book three out of five stars because of the reasons I mentioned. I think Lara and Uri, the wedding couple in the narrative, could have used a bit more courtesy from the author. They were thrown into a terrible terrorist strike before they could even enjoy their honeymoon. This book's lack of errors suggests that it was exceptionally well edited. I recommend this book to readers who like reading novels about terrorism, crime, and love. Due to its graphic material, I would not recommend this book to readers under the age of 15.

The Date Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Akangbe Opeyemi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Qualify
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akangbe-opeyemi.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Akangbe Opeyemi »

Jack Winnick has always been one of my favorite action authors. The books are always well-detailed and sometimes one would think it was a movie due to it creating a vivid imagination of the book. Lara and Uri are good partners and even developed a romance in-between their working together to solve crimes.
I wonder how they were able to solve this terrorist attack since the terrorists commit suicide after the crime.
I like your review, it is well-detailed, and there were no spoilers.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

I want to commend you on your excellent review of "The Date Farm." Your description of the book and its central characters, Uri and Lara, immediately captured my attention and piqued my interest. It's clear that the story revolves around their determination to combat terrorism, and I appreciate how you highlighted their bravery and willingness to put everything on the line for the greater good.
MsChet Cherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

It seems like Lara and Uri had a lot on their plate. It'll surely be very difficult to unveil the perpetrator's plot since they died in the blast.
I hope they did it eventually.
Thanks for your honest review.
Rob Carr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rob-carr.html
Latest Review: 5 Systems of Successful People by Scotty Schindler

Post by Rob Carr »

Thanks for the honest review. It's a shame there wasn't more development put into Lara and Uri to make it a more enjoyable read for you.
:idea: Rob Carr :idea:
Nkem blessy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkem-blessy.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Nkem blessy »

How will terrorist take such a long good time to plan on how to bring down a place.most people risk their life to save others nice review
Nkem blessy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkem-blessy.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Nkem blessy »

How will terrorist take such a long good time to plan on how to bring down a place.most people risk their life to save others nice review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”