Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saima Rahman
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saima-rahman.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Saima Rahman »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin is not just an ordinary travelogue but a captivating account of Tina and Peter's South Pacific expedition with their sons, Adam and Warren. Despite expecting smooth sailing, the family faces numerous challenges and mishaps along the way. The book delves into Tina's personal life, recounting her childhood and how she met Peter. Through their extensive travels, Tina and her family embraced the sailing lifestyle and chose to raise their children on ships. The author also explores South African culture, including a safari and learning about the violence in Durban. Setting sail from Cape Town to St. Helena, they uncover the island's intriguing past. Tina demonstrates patience, perseverance, and confidence while navigating the dynamics of young males aboard their sailing adventure. The book offers a glimpse into Tina's remarkable adventures with her family.

In addition to their travels, Tina Dreffin bravely shares her vulnerable experiences, including a distressing job-searching ordeal that evoked strong emotions. She highlights the difficulty survivors face in openly discussing sexual assault and molestation, as they risk being criticised for playing the victim.

Despite her vulnerability, Tina's strength shines through as she faces emotional challenges and bravely shares her feelings with readers. Her honesty and willingness to expose her fears are commendable, especially considering the intense and daring life she lived with her husband. The profound message in the book is that true happiness comes from living in the present rather than pursuing material possessions. The writing style is distinct and vivid, allowing readers to immerse themselves in all of the experiences. Each chapter begins with an introduction note, seamlessly guiding the reader into the content.

I didn't find anything negative about the book. I loved all the different adventures throughout the book.

The book seamlessly blends various genres, including romance, thrillers, adventure, and family drama. The characters, particularly Peter and their sons, possess intriguing qualities that both captivate and worry Tina. The story serves as a source of knowledge about new locations, reminding readers of the diverse people in the world and inspiring personal growth. It teaches bravery and courage and emphasises the importance of love and family bonds. The inclusion of pictures helps with understanding and provides in-depth knowledge. The book is detailed, exciting, and very well edited, with no noticeable grammatical errors or typos.
For all these reasons, I give the book 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend it to everyone who enjoys reading about travelling adventures or just adventures in general. It will be a great read, full of inspiration for all who read it.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I like how you emphasize that true happiness is to live in the present moment. Exactly! Coz the past is history, cannot be back, cannot be changed; the future is not guaranteed, so the present is now and thus live with it. Thanks for sharing it. It reminds me now not to dwell on the past or worry about the future. Your review is exceptional, Saima!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Saima Rahman
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saima-rahman.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Saima Rahman »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 19:43 I like how you emphasize that true happiness is to live in the present moment. Exactly! Coz the past is history, cannot be back, cannot be changed; the future is not guaranteed, so the present is now and thus live with it. Thanks for sharing it. It reminds me now not to dwell on the past or worry about the future. Your review is exceptional, Saima!
Thank you so much for your wonderful appreciation!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”