Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Preppers Medical Handbook by William W Forgey

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Merits Anih »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Dream for Peace: An Ambassador's Memoir is a beautifully crafted memoir written by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah, a distinguished diplomat who is passionate about his homeland, Algeria. The book is an enthralling autobiography that takes readers on a moving journey through the life of the author, from witnessing and facilitating the fall of French colonialism in his beloved Algeria to journeying across countries and ultimately returning home to serve his people.

Born in Algeria, Dr. Berrah was raised by a loving mother and a caring community. He went further to study medicine, where he saw firsthand where racism was at play. He started and joined some activist groups to bring the rights of his people to light. This put his life in danger in many ways. Despite these hurdles, Dr. Berrah remained laser-focused on the progress of Algeria and never lost sight of his vision. Throughout his life, he continued to work tirelessly for his nation and the continent as a whole, deeply committed to the ideals of pan-Africanism and multilateralism.

As I immersed myself in A Dream for Peace: An Ambassador's Memoir, I was taken on a captivating journey as I followed along with Dr. Berrah's experiences and learned about his achievements and challenges throughout his life. Through his memoir, Dr. Berrah inspired me to live a life of purpose, driven by passion, and guided by principles that are bigger than oneself. I also love that he saw different religious groups as different sides of a coin. This was the best thing I loved about this book.

This thought-provoking memoir highlights the role that success plays in one's life, leading to opportunities that create paths for further growth and development. One of the book's standout features is its educational and informative nature, which I absolutely loved. The content is encouraging, and it opened my eyes to the fact that anyone, regardless of their background, has the potential to make significant changes in the world if they remain focused on their goals.

Throughout the book, the author's unwavering positivity and willingness to make sacrifices for the greater good are evident in every chapter. His life story is so full of valuable lessons and experiences, making it truly an inspiring read. What stood out to me was how easily I could follow his story due to the simplicity of his writing style. The book flowed smoothly, and I found myself eagerly reading to find out about the author's global impact and contributions.

For history enthusiasts, particularly those with an interest in African history, colonialism, and post-colonialism, I highly recommend this book. It provides a comprehensive and insightful look at these subjects and brings to life the nuances and peculiarities of regional politics. The book was professionally edited, and I rate it 5 out of 5 stars, as I disliked nothing about it.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mpho Mamba
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mpho-mamba.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Mpho Mamba »

I like that the book is not just a political memoir but also a story of personal triumph and perseverance, making it an inspiring read.
Ortilia Carmelita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ortilia-carmelita.html

Post by Ortilia Carmelita »

Your review has highlighted the book's ability to inspire readers to think critically about global issues and to take action for positive change.
Ambessa Negassi
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambessa-negassi.html

Post by Ambessa Negassi »

The book's message of hope and resilience is a powerful reminder that even in the face of adversity and challenges, we can still find a way forward.
Alem Adonay
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alem-adonay.html

Post by Alem Adonay »

I admire the author's ability to overcome obstacles and to make a positive impact on the world, even in the face of seemingly insurmountable challenges.
Sheshy Michael
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheshy-michael.html

Post by Sheshy Michael »

Your review has highlighted the book's ability to challenge readers' assumptions and broaden their perspectives on global issues, making it a thought-provoking and stimulating read.
William Wrightmill
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-william-wrightmill.html

Post by William Wrightmill »

This review beautifully captures the essence of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's memoir, highlighting its powerful narrative and the author's dedication to his homeland and its people.
Mattys Walkeron
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mattys-walkeron.html

Post by Mattys Walkeron »

The reviewer's appreciation for the memoir's captivating journey through the author's life and his commitment to Algeria is evident, making this review highly valuable.
Joseph Lewisalwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-lewisalwa.html

Post by Joseph Lewisalwa »

It's evident that the reviewer found the memoir encouraging and eye-opening, making this review insightful for those seeking inspiring and educational reads.
Richard Thomasalw
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-thomasalw.html

Post by Richard Thomasalw »

Your recognition of the memoir's portrayal of success and its role in personal growth adds depth to the discussion of the book's themes.
AbigailRay
Currently Reading: Let The Children Come
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigailray.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by AbigailRay »

This book has clearly shown the author's enthusiasm for service to his nation. This memoir is quite motivating and worth emulating.
Christopher Andersons
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris1-anderson.html

Post by Christopher Andersons »

The review eloquently outlines the author's journey from witnessing the fall of colonialism to his global contributions, showcasing the memoir's depth and significance.
Willie Wilsons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willie-wilsons.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Willie Wilsons »

It's heartening to see how the reviewer was personally inspired by the memoir to live a purpose-driven life, emphasizing the transformative power of the author's story.
David Offdavis
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-offdavis.html

Post by David Offdavis »

The reviewer's mention of the author's perspective on religious groups as different sides of a coin highlights an important theme within the memoir, adding to its value.
Vennis Quentin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vennis-quentin.html

Post by Vennis Quentin »

The review effectively captures the educational and informative nature of the memoir, showcasing its ability to broaden readers' understanding and perspectives.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”