Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Life is filled with numerous challenges and emotionally draining situations. In order to ensure longevity and good health, our primary focus should be finding personal happiness. The novel portrays Tina's situation in the aforementioned manner.

Tina Dreffin recounts her family's remarkable journey in her memoir, Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa. The book chronicles the expedition embarked upon by Tina, her husband Peter, and their two sons, Adam and Warren. Throughout the narrative, Tina highlights Peter's adventurous spirit and his ability to support her during the entire trip. The author not only shares the details of their adventure but also opens up about her personal history of experiencing sexual molestation. She further delves into her family's tradition of embarking on numerous road trips and describes how she met her husband. Seeking emotional healing and recovery from the pain and sorrow she had endured, Tina embarked on this extraordinary journey. To delve deeper into Tina and her family's captivating expedition, I recommend obtaining a copy of this book.

As I delved into the captivating narrative of Tina and her delightful family, I became completely engrossed. This book has truly enhanced my comprehension of a diverse array of subjects. It was previously unknown to me that engaging in new experiences could contribute to emotional recovery. The author of this book enlightened me on the concept of a "walkabout," which involves embarking on a solitary journey across desert and bushland in search of spiritual healing. Without a compass, an individual may traverse over 1,000 miles. I must confess that the entire book is enthralling. It captivates me on multiple levels. The author skillfully incorporates opening quotations that serve as sources of motivation. The inclusion of imagery in the story adds to its relatability and overall appeal.

Tina, the central character in the book, has become my absolute favorite due to her unfiltered honesty when recounting her experiences. It is this personal revelation that makes the novel truly exceptional and captivating. Tina's skill in depicting each scene leaves me intrigued and yearning for more. The author successfully invites readers into her intimate life and experiences, creating a sense of inclusion within her narrative. Skillfully intertwining elements of love and suspense, she keeps the audience thoroughly engaged. The book further highlights the additional adventures of Tina and her family, providing a well-rounded portrayal. The characters are brought to life with distinct voices and strong development. Through the author's story, my own courage in confronting life's challenges was put to the test.

I have absolutely no dislike for this book; the writing is superb. It imparts a wealth of knowledge, including valuable insights on addressing the past and embracing the future. Thanks to Tina and her husband's shared spirit of adventure, the South Pacific Expedition became a reality. I must commend the author for the book's exceptional originality and honesty. Additionally, I am deeply grateful to the editor for their meticulous work, as the book appears flawlessly edited. The editing quality is truly outstanding.

I rate this book five out of five stars because it has truly transformed my outlook on approaching life's challenges. I highly recommend it to readers who appreciate adventure stories and individuals navigating difficult periods in their lives. It holds immense value for such readers, and they are bound to greatly benefit from its contents.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

Tina enjoyed traveling on the sea, she was supported by her husband and son. I commend her, for sharing her experience and how she healed from it. This is a great book for voyage lovers.
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: The Fairy Tale of Peckham Rye Park by MeM Tekari

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

I read this and I equally enjoyed it. Your review is well detailed and inspiring. Thanks for the review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I loved the adventures Tina and her family went on. It was interesting and also, frightening. I love how strong and courageous she is to tell her story to the world.
Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin
Favorite Book: The Inner CEO
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boluwatife-ade-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin »

The adventures in this book is an aspect I like. I also empathize with the major character, Tine. All the challenges she faced and the courage to talk about them. Wonderful review.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

I appreciate the reviewer's enthusiasm and engagement with the captivating narrative of Tina and her family. The reviewer's statement about the book enhancing their comprehension of diverse subjects highlights its potential to be an enriching read. Learning about the concept of a "walkabout" and its role in emotional recovery is intriguing and makes me eager to delve into the book to gain a deeper understanding
Chloe Cole 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chloe-cole-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Chloe Cole 1 »

Through the review I'm enlightened on the concept of a "walkabout," which involves embarking on a solitary journey across desert and bushland in search of spiritual healing. I love the how the successfully invites readers into Tina’s intimate life and experiences, creating a sense of inclusion within her narrative. Your review is well detailed.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Deceit by Vernon Baumrind

Post by Robert Andrew »

The emphasis on finding personal happiness and emotional healing amidst life's challenges makes the book relatable and relevant to many readers. The adventurous spirit of Tina's husband, Peter, and his support during their expedition add to the allure of the story.
Onyeka Dibor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeka-dibor.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Onyeka Dibor »

"Bluewater Walkabout" captures the spirit of adventure, resilience, and the beauty of the natural world through Tina Dreffin's eyes.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”