Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sheen Jenny
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Army Life by Darryl Jefferson

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by Sheen Jenny »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker is an exciting book that takes you on a thrilling adventure. It tells the story of Grant Taylor, a professor from Elmhurst,who travels to Russia to find his missing uncle. Grant discovers his uncle's hidden journals and treasures, which lead him to join an expedition to an unknown and dangerous place called Zona in the hopes of finding his uncle.

The most exciting part of the book is when the expedition to Zona begins. Grant and his team face many challenges, like wild animals and harsh weather conditions. It's a real nail-biter, but also incredibly captivating. The author's descriptions of the land and the creatures in Zona are so vivid that you feel like you're right there with them.

I really enjoyed reading about how the team worked together and set up their camp in Zona. It gave me a sense of being part of the adventure. One of the coolest parts is when Grant discovers he has a unique bond with wolves. It adds an extra layer of intrigue to the story. I was really invested in finding out whether Grant would find his uncle alive or not. The suspense kept me hooked until the end.

There were a couple of things that bothered me about the book. Some of the team members drank too much alcohol, which caused problems during the expedition. It made me question their judgment and added unnecessary complications. Additionally, Grant's multiple romantic encounters felt a bit excessive and didn't contribute much to the overall plot.

In terms of writing, "Zona: The Forbidden Land" is exceptionally well edited and devoid of any noticeable errors. The author's attention to detail and ability to create suspenseful situations make the reading experience enjoyable and gripping. The book concludes with unanswered questions, leaving room for a potential sequel and leaving the reader wanting more.

Considering all aspects, I would rate Zona: The Forbidden Land 5 out of 5 stars. It offers a thrilling adventure, captivating descriptions, and an engaging storyline. I recommend it to those who enjoy scientific expeditions into unknown territories and are drawn to tales of danger, suspense, and mystery. However, due to its mature content and violent animal encounters, it may not be suitable for younger readers.

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nkem Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkem-blessing.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nkem Blessing »

Nice review dear. With this i read and review this book. You did a great job here. More effort.
Kene Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kene-active.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Kene Active »

This was quite an awesome thriller with a heavy suspense. I love the cover page and how prominent the book tittle was. So sad that the protagonist became distracted on the misson.
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Jane Honda »

This book is fascinating and took readers to a mysterious land of Zona but before then events had occurred which has made them called there the forbidden land. I was kept at supense while waiting for Randall.
Christian Kay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christian-kay.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Christian Kay »

Beautiful review. I love how you stated all that you loved and disliked about the book. You review is insightful and intriguing. Keep it up.
Kelvin Modilim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

A really nice review. There's a lot of information here that you'd find really interesting and surprising and that's a incentive feeling to have.
Jimmy Cyprian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

Well it must have taken a lot of bravery for them to even remain in such a place. Your review is amazing and appealing by the way.
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

This book I couldn't predicted it's shortcomings. Their expeditions into the land of Zona was indeed captivating. Great review anyway
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

I love the way the reviewer described this book as a nail- biter. Zona indeed is a land filled with mysterious things and I am glad that Grant was able to navigate through.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”