Review of Small Talk Rules

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bethel Chuks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bethel-chuks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Small Talk Rules

Post by Bethel Chuks »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Small Talk Rules" by Gregory Peart.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The major issue most people face is a lack of social skills. I once had a friend who replied, "I wish you the same," when a beautiful girl said "happy birthday" to him because he was nervous. The book "Small Talk Rules" by Gregory Peat is a masterpiece that sheds immense light on this widely overlooked topic. As an introverted person myself, I know how dreadful it is to just stand and stare at a stranger in an elevator, or stutter while being asked for directions by a beautiful lady.

The book thoroughly tackled every aspect of social nervousness, every awkward situation, and every weird moment an introvert can find himself in, as well as how to get out of such situations. The author did an excellent job of trying to relate to the troubles an average introvert passes through each day while also addressing some bad traits and giving advice on how to improve the likeability ratio. The book was professionally edited, and I noticed no errors in it.

One of the numerous reasons I like the book is the simple and easy-to-understand vocabulary employed by the author. Another reason I liked the book is the subtle fact that the instances the author used to paint his ideas are generally relatable and not overly exaggerated; this makes it possible for the reader to put himself in the author's shoes and relate more to them, even if the reader is not in the category the author is talking about.
Overall, I'd rate this book a 5 out of 5 because of the author's choice of vocabulary and, most importantly, how relatable and helpful the book is to every single individual out there with one social defect or another. And I'd recommend this book to adults and young adults who wish to improve their social lives.

Small Talk Rules
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Collins Umunnakwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collins-umunnakwe.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Collins Umunnakwe »

A nice review. I'd really love to read this book. I would love to see for myself how the author portrays his views as I personally know I would learn one or two communication skills.
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

An amazing review indeed. I loved how go connected all the pieces and made them into a central statement which I think would be helpful to potential readers.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”