Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ben Mount
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-mount.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

Post by Ben Mount »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This book initially caught my attention because of its attractive yet perplexing cover. There are 49 pages in the book, which is not chaptered. Of Zots and Xoodles was written by Zarqnon the Embarrassed.

Because he thought it was funny, the author chose the nomenclature Zarqnon for the authorship of this work. The author, who is on the autistic spectrum, first became aware of this when he was in the company of others who found it humorous. The author is on the autism spectrum, and he just became aware of this when he was about 40 years old. He is someone who goes against the grain. The book's illustrator is likewise legally blind and on the autistic spectrum, but he believes in art and relaxing, letting the mind wander freely and creatively rather than permitting fear. Theodil enters a room where he has just finished presenting his research findings to a group of people who appear impatient and critical. He captured their interest over time and astounded them by transforming Zots into Xoodles. Did Theodil succeed in persuading the audience? Learn more by reading this book.

The fact that the author is real is one aspect of this book that I admire. The author owns up to his illness and ideas, which may sound strange to the average person, but I appreciate how he still wants to be authentic. Sometimes people with a particular affliction are reluctant to express themselves, but I enjoy how the author does both. The book also has a lot of drawings. Being unfamiliar with the style, I found reading this book difficult. Nevertheless, it was instructive in that it made me aware that every author expresses their work uniquely and that no two novels are ever the same.

I could relate to the author's ideas about the future. I concur with him that the future already exists; I experience it sometimes and foresee our future to correct errors and avoid making poor judgments. I enjoyed the scene in which a character named Child replied deftly to the audience.

This book's abstract nature bothers me; many of its ideas are unrelated, and it's not written understandably or plainly. This book has some complex concepts, and the drawings are equally esoteric and difficult to understand. A glossary is something that I believe a book like this should contain. I rated the book four out of five stars since it was so complicated, yet it was wonderfully well-edited, and I didn't find any mistakes while reading it.

I suggest it to readers interested in science fiction, physics, and science in general, as well as those who want to read a novel that is different from the ordinary.

Of Zots and Xoodles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”