Review of The Date Farm

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of The Date Farm

Post by Uche Active »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Islamic country comes in harder than before. The Islamic terrorist group comes in with attacks on the United States without giving them a break or chance. The Date Farm is the fourth book in the Lara and Uri series by Jack Winnick.

Lara Edmond and Uri Levin decided to visit Lara’s family in the countryside during the summer. They had a great time there, and one night after an intimate session, they got a call that offered distressing news. A group of terrorists shot some unsuspecting individuals in the mall. While people shopped casually, a group of ten men clad in black came in and opened fire on the people, leaving 58 dead and 25 injured, and they took their own lives. Lara and Uri arrived later to investigate the situation. They meet dead ends and soon find out about infiltration into their communication system. How do Lara, Uri, and the FBI investigate and catch the perpetrators? Read this book to find out.

The Date Farm is a fictional novel of 334 pages by Jack Winnick that talks about the different methods Islamic groups have used to terrorize Jews and Americans. Although it is better to read this book from the beginning of the series to the end, it can still be read as a stand-alone. As the author said in his notes, the book is a work of fiction, but it contains some facts. The book has a background based on actual events, and for the author to write this book so well, he must have done some research. The author describes events in this book so well that readers can visualize them in their heads. It was relatable.

However, there are some things about this book that I frowned at. The first is that the book contains lots of characters. It was challenging to keep up with all of them. I ended up focusing on just the main characters, and most of the other characters were underdeveloped. The book also contains strange acronyms and names of organizations that readers are unfamiliar with. The author did not also include a glossary to explain these acronyms. For example, Navy SEAL is something I have heard, but I don’t know its meaning. For these reasons, I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.

However, the book was well written. The author’s wife did well editing this book. I found zero errors while reading, which shows that the book was exceptionally well edited. The book had a dramatic and epic opening, and the author wrote in a descriptive and narrative style. The author also added the different places he set the story in. It shows the diplomatic relationship and politics between countries with bad blood.

I recommend this book to lovers of crime and investigative thrillers. Lovers of books on war and history will also relate to this book. I advise children to stay away due to its level of profanity, sex scenes, and violence.

The Date Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

Lara and Uri is the best couple I've seen so far in many crimes series I've read and it's just wonderful how they have such a unique chemistry.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

Great review! Your detailed summary of the book's plot and the events that unfold really piqued my interest. The way you described the terrorist attack in the mall was chilling and immediately drew me into the story.
MsChet Cherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

An interesting crime thriller with an intriguing storyline.
Lara and Uri surely have a lot on their plate. I hope they eventually found the perpetrators.
Great review!
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

The Date Farm marks the fourth installment in the Lara and Uri series, where they embark on a fresh and unique mission. This fast-paced international thriller has garnered considerable popularity among readers. With its blend of security breaches, terrorist attacks, romance, and a quest for territorial restoration, it offers an enticing combination that guarantees an exhilarating, suspenseful experience.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

This is the exactly the kinds of thriller books I love to read. Thanks for giving explicit details of the book.
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

The author's research and incorporation of actual events into the fictional story create a realistic background for the plot. I'm glad to hear that the author's descriptions allowed you to visualize the events vividly, making it relatable.
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

Fergie Jessica Edeni wrote: 06 Jun 2023, 03:39 The Date Farm marks the fourth installment in the Lara and Uri series, where they embark on a fresh and unique mission. This fast-paced international thriller has garnered considerable popularity among readers. With its blend of security breaches, terrorist attacks, romance, and a quest for territorial restoration, it offers an enticing combination that guarantees an exhilarating, suspenseful experience.
Promises readers a fresh and unique mission for the main characters.
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Sheen Jenny »

"The Date Farm offers a gripping narrative rooted in actual events, providing readers with a vivid and relatable experience.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Jessica Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-azuka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Jessica Azuka »

The terrorists dared to stroke again? One can wonder if they can be completely eliminated. I really hope Lara and Uri do that. I can't wait to read this series.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”