Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jimmy Cyprian
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula is an intriguing book that involves mystery and adventure. The story revolves around the adventures of an intelligent cat, Inca, and her feline friends. When Inca's human mother, Mom, receives an invitation to be a guest judge in a competition in South Korea, Inca eavesdrops and becomes excited when she learns that they all might be going on a trip to South Korea. Mom also plans to use that medium to unveil her special French cheese, which she made herself. However, when they get to South Korea, they learn a sad story about their tour guide, Ye-Jun.
Inca, along with her feline friends, make it their core mission to help him solve his issue and make him happy again. They encounter many obstacles while trying to accomplish their mission, but will they come out victorious?

I like the author's idea of creating a fictional competition in the book that gears towards encouraging harmony between North Korea and South Korea. She even made it more realistic by having it sponsored by the United Nations. At some point, I began to wish it were all real due to the enmity that exists between those two countries in reality, and I must commend R.F. Kristi, the author, for that.

It is no surprise that I have nothing negative to say about this book. I must commend how the author embedded different moral lessons in this book for children (and even adults) to learn from. The book teaches about the importance of maintaining excellent amity amongst ourselves.

I found just a repetitive error in the book; however, this does not detract from its excellence, as I still feel it was professionally edited. This makes the book deserving of a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I mean, this is a book that teaches the reader about the culture and history of countries like North Korea and South Korea.

Although it seems like a children's book, I would recommend Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula to young adults. Generally, it will resonate well with lovers of adventure and mystery books.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

Well done for this review. I have read this book and I must say I admire Inca and his sense of duty to assist Ye-Jun retrieve his family dog so his sister won't have to go back to the other side.
Kene Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kene-active.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Kene Active »

It's really amazing how people write about animals. I'm not a fan of animals or books about them but from this review, I think I like this one. I like that it teaches good morals and I hope to read too. Nice review.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers by Archie Luper

Post by Obc Contentor »

This children's book seems generally interesting. The conflict in the plot is immersive, as it has suspense. The featuring of animals as major characters make the book thrilling. Thanks for the recommendation.
MsChet Cherry
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

It's incredible how Inca and her friends were not deterred by obstacles while trying to solve mysteries.
I'm glad you pointed out the author's ability to encourage harmony between the North and South Korea.
Great review.
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

What if Inca was human? It sounds incredible to know Inca is a cat! And I wish to know if Inca and friends were successful in accomplishing their mission. I'm looking forward to reading this book and this is a great review.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula' had me captivated from the very first page! R.F. Kristi's talent for crafting captivating characters shines through, particularly with the endearing feline detectives who quickly won my affection. The author's vivid descriptions skillfully transported me to the Korean Peninsula, immersing me in the mystery and making me feel like an active participant in solving it alongside the cats. This book is an absolute must-read for both cat lovers and enthusiasts of thrilling mysteries.
Ibrahim Hammed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibrahim-hammed.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ibrahim Hammed »

This is an amazing book and enjoyed reading it. It's very educative and any kid that read it will surely enjoy it. Your review is great and well done.
Silvia Idahosa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-idahosa.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Silvia Idahosa »

I found this book engaging when I read it. I also liked the fictional representation of the competition and what it stood for. The animal characters were also engaging to read. Overall, it was an engaging book and a good read. Great review.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

I've read many fantastic reviews about this book. Your ascertaining that it's worth reading makes me want to read it more—big kudos to the author of this book.
Bethany Kroeger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bethany-kroeger.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Bethany Kroeger »

I loved this book! I especially liked that it took place on the Korean Peninsula and helped explain the division of the north and the south to the reader! It was such a cute story of family and friendship too. Awesome review!
Oluebube Prisca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluebube-prisca.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluebube Prisca »

I loved reading about Inca and her detective company, it didn't feel like it just a children's book because I got to learn about the DMZ. This is a nice review.
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

I find this book interesting, as i particularly love Missy, the cats' humanoid mother. She possess a virtue every other pet owner should emulate. Kudos!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”