Review of Just Die

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sneha_1411
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sneha-1411.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Review of Just Die

Post by Sneha_1411 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Just Die" by E Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Just Die by E. Alan Fleischauer is a book full of action and philosophical ideas. The book comes under the action and thriller genre. The main protagonist, Jake, wakes up one day after a stroke and finds out that he can kill people just by pointing his fingers at them. This book deals with the aftermath of this power as he figures out how to use it for the best and faces some challenges as politics and national security is added to the equation. Beth Ann, his partner, and Omar Carter, his new celebrity friend add to the charm of the book. This book is suitable for people above eighteen, given some mentions of drug use. It would also appeal to people who like thrillers and books with complex morally grey characters.

I would rate this book a three out of five. The main issue was that the book was too short. The characters could have developed more, especially their backstories, inner feelings, and motivations. It was hard to connect with the characters since there was too little information about them. Similarly, the plot could also have been more detailed and a little slow-paced. The way it jumped from one scene to another was very abrupt. The dialogues sometimes were too straightforward and lacked naturalness and sentiments.

Other than that, the book had a good, often unpredictable plot that kept you guessing. It managed to capture my attention immediately, and it was hard to put the book down. The characters seemed real, logical, and original. The way it captured the relationships between the characters was great. The progression of these characters was intriguing to follow as their lives took twists and turns. Despite numerous characters, it never felt that anybody was irrelevant to the plot. Everybody had a role to fill. The writing was also simple and easy to understand. The editing was also well done with no huge errors. Overall the book was a good read despite its shortcomings.

Just Die
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

This sounds like an unusual book to read as you have stated in the good and negative comments. Thank you for your concise review.
The Keeper Jr
Favorite Book: The Cruel Prince
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-keeper-jr.html
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien

Post by The Keeper Jr »

I have read the book and I would also agree with some of your points. It has a great story and some really cool characters. Your review is also great and I would love to read more reviews from you. Thank you!
"Once I did bad and that I heard ever. Twice I did good, but that I heard never." - Dale Carnegie
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”