Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Dream for Peace is an inspiring memoir by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah that chronicles his life, his journey as a peace activist, his efforts to promote understanding and reconciliation between different cultures and religions, and how he has helped to create new opportunities for dialogue and cooperation where none existed before. In each chapter of this book, we are able to read rich and detailed events of Dr. Berrah's experiences and peace initiatives. One example is his work with the United Nations to promote peaceful dialogue between different groups in conflict zones.

Since his childhood in Algeria, he has witnessed the violence and conflict that plagued his country, and as he grew older, Dr. Berrah became increasingly involved in the peace movement, attending conferences and meetings all over the world, defending technology as a powerful tool for breaking down barriers of communication and improving access to education in order to end ignorance and fear by providing individuals with access to knowledge, skills, and resources. In one instance, Dr. Berrah helped facilitate negotiations between rival factions in Somalia, which resulted in a ceasefire and paved the way for further talks aimed at ending the long-standing conflict.

He writes eloquently about his encounters with world leaders, activists, and ordinary people. But my favorite aspect of this memoir was Dr. Berrah's perseverance; he writes candidly about the frustrations and setbacks he experienced, as well as the personal sacrifices he had to make in order to pursue his dream. Despite these obstacles, he remained determined to keep working towards his objectives.

Through his efforts, Dr. Berrah showed that small acts of kindness can have an enormous impact on society. His dedication and commitment inspire other people around the world to become involved in his cause. He is an example of compassion, empathy, and dedication to a higher purpose. There was nothing that I didn't enjoy in this book, and it was also professionally edited.

Overall, A Dream for Peace is a powerful and thought-provoking memoir that offers a unique perspective on the struggle for peace and justice in our world today. Dr. Berrah's personal story is both moving and inspiring, and his insights into the nature of conflict and the potential for peace are brilliant. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this memoir to readers who are interested in the pursuit of peace and social justice.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Elvischukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvischukwu.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Elvischukwu »

This thought-provoking book encourages readers to examine their own biases and prejudices, fostering a greater understanding of diverse perspectives.
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

I found the book's exploration of the cultural and intellectual resistance in Algeria during the struggle for independence to be particularly enlightening and thought-provoking.
Adewakun Akinwalere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adewakun-akinwalere.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Adewakun Akinwalere »

This book taught me about Algerians independence and colonialism. it was a worthwhile experience.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”